“A CULINARY ADVENTURE” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lanark, United Kingdom
“A CULINARY ADVENTURE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Upon entering the restaurant, just across the road from the Strathclyde Police Hotel, you are struck by the very freindly and relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant itself is quite small and intimate, and lends itself well to a very romantic evening. We( my wife and I) opted for the gourmet menu, which in retrospect was probably not the best decision for us. It is a seven course meal, and consists of tasters from the main menu. Whilst the food, (which you have absolutely no control over, hence the review's title) was of excellent quality, the salmon tartare, asparagus in parmesan and fillet steak, especially were outstanding, I think the next time we visit we will opt for a normal meal. But all in all this was a great night out, in a very unpretentious setting, with very attentive staff. Excellent!

• Visited February 2013

“Fantastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Having been here many times I have never left disappointed.
My partner and I have watched the changes to the interior over the years as ambiance is a factor when dining out.
So combined with great and I mean great freshly made food and wine it's a sure fire winner in my book.
And with the ever enthusiastic owner/Pino at the helm,a visit should is well worth it.
A little pricey but as a special night out...
Go for it!!

Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food. Best restaurant in Hamilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I have been a regular customer for a few years now. The food is amazing and cooked to perfection. Staff always attentive and make you feel welcome. The owner, Pino is a great chef and always takes the time to come and speak to customers. The 7-course menu is a must and is very filling.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Quality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Having been at Pietruccio's for the first time in early December 2012, at a workplace Christmas night out, I was impressed with the food and ambience.

I went back this week, taking my wife. We managed to book the last remaining table for a Saturday night, and it was just as well we had booked, as the place was full and people were being turned away. The staff are very friendly, particularly the young lad with the italian accent, and the even younger local woman with a great smile. We were made very welcome, and the menu explained to us. We decided to opt for the "Taster menu". This involved a bit of negotiation, as my wife doesn't eat red meat, only fish and poultry. However, it wasn't a problem, and the chef made a few suggestions, much to my wife's satisfaction.

The taster menu consistent of 6 dishes, plus dessert. There were three starters, and three dishes from the selection of main courses. It was left to the chef to determine which starters and which mains we received - and we were not dissappointed! The dishes consisted of a tasty crab meat salad; a scallop in a wonderful sauce; ham wrapped in aubergine; crayfish; and a beautiful beef plate. Dessert was a white chocolate mouse; berries in maple syrup; and a tiny litle sponge cake. Most portions consisted of 3 or 4 mouthfuls, although there was certainly plenty of beef for me to enjoy. My wife had a couple of glasses of wine, and I had two Moretti beers. Total came to around £85. If you're looking for fast food, this isn't the place! It's a leisurely dinner, in pleasant surroundings, with very attentive and helpful staff. As we left the chef appeared (may have been the owner?), and asked how we had enjoyed the meal! It's nice to see that, these days, people take time to ask. Many of the others in the restaurant, which probably only holds around 30-35 people, seemed to be on first name terms with staff. I expect that, given the quality here, we will soon be amongst them. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
Hamilton, Scotland, United Kingdom
“lost its touch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Sorry my view is, it simply has lost that special touch. This used to be a firm favorite of mine, however I have been left disappointed the last few times I was in, which is a shame as I think Pino had one of the best in restaurants in Hamilton.

Visited July 2012