“Good pub grub, reasonably priced” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 34 Restaurants in Prestwick
Cuisines: Tapas, Brasserie, Pizza & Pasta, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Caprice Bar Restaurant is situated in the heart of Prestwick town centre.
Mauchline
“Good pub grub, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Located in the main street in Prestwick. Parking was an issue. Menu was nice and also good for the kids we had with us. Service was good. Food was pretty decent pub grub with a few wee surprises. Reasonably priced.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

scotland
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had our regular girls'lunch at Caprice today because it used to be very good.Today it was seriously not good. The tempura starters were good but mushroom pot watery. Only 1 of 7 main courses was ok. All of the seafood pastas and risottos were dry , tasteless and not big on seafood and some of it seriously overcooked . We asked more more sauce thinking we might get more seafood but only more sauce without seafood arrived. It wasn't busy so maybe that says something. Things need to improve before we go back

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Slow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Could have been good but service so slow an hour wait to get the starters which were only ordered because the waitress informed the mains would be slow after the initial 45 min wait. Understand there was a large party to cater for but then why take a reservation if you cannot accommodate.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Ribeye steak? I don't think so!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Went to Caprice on Friday and ordered a ribeye steak. What was put down to me looked like a slice of beef ham done in a George Foreman grill. I had asked for medium/well done and the "steak" I got was frazzled!!
When I queried the type of steak I was told that all of the ribeyes were precut to that thickness!
I was offered a fillet steak which I accepted but it was very thin also. My partner's meal had to be returned to the kitchen to keep it warm whilst my 2nd steak was being prepared.
I noticed a couple at the next table who had ordered chips with their pizza, and despite asking twice for them, they were delivered just as they were finishing their pizza. Not a great night out.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wick
“Beer expensive compared to other places.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Had a good pizza, but at £3.85 for a pint, when across the road they were advertising £1 less :(
Most places were empty at 7pm, thought I was going into a place with some atmosphere, but so so quite I eat and left within 40 minutes.

Visited March 2014