I stay regularly at the Parkstone on business but when I contacted them this week they were unfortunately fully booked, no bother - I went to another hotel in the area. Oh dear. There's nothing wrong with it exactly its just not the Parkstone...
I wanted to make the most of the opportunity and looked forward to sampling the new breakfast in the morning, I know the Parkstone's morning menu off by heart: buffet of cheese, wide selection of fresh fruits, cafitiere coffee (and lots besides) in addition to the normal toast and hot breakfast menu if desired. The breakfast buffet that greeted me in comparison was meagre, disappointing and lacking the variety of the Parkstone.
The Parkstone is right on the seafront for a stroll in the late afternoon or a drink in the bar overlooking the seafront. Nowhere was quite as appealing after these leisurely activities so after a brief wander through this week's hotel I ended up staying in my room for the night.
The warm ambience of the intimate restaurant was also unmatched by this week's contender. The Parkstone has the versatility of a traditional restaurant with lovely white linen tables, as well as a section with modern booths, to suit your taste or mood. Everything combines to create a very friendly atmosphere.
Not as well set up at this week's venue, in TV's at every point blarred at you (same in the morning too.)
Dont want to focus on the other hotel and give them a bad review - times are hard and I'm sure they are doing their best. But I really didnt register before now just how good the Parkstone is - its the little touches. Biscuits and a complimentary hot chocolate mix sitting in the room provisions to greet you after a long journey/day at the office.
Parkstone: I'll be booking as far in advance as possible from now on - no contest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seafront location; adjacent to Prestwick Golf Club and St Nicholas Golf Club. The Hotel has 30 ensuite bedrooms, restaurant, bar and caters for early morning departures or late arrivals. The Hotel is 2 minutes from Prestwick Town rail station and a five minute walk to the centre of town. Prestwick International Airport is two minutes by taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your Parkstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkstone Hotel Prestwick
- Parkstone Prestwick, Scotland