“Keeping their Standards up” 5 of 5 stars

Greenan Lodge
39 Dunure Road | Doonfoot, Ayr KA7 4HR, Scotland   |
Ranked #15 of 62 Ayr B&B and Inns
motherwell
“Keeping their Standards up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

I very rarely bother writing reviews, but this is the second one I'm doing for Greenan lodge.
I have now stayed there 3 times and I book hotels/ guest houses fairly often. The fact that I always check there first when in Ayr says it all.
I'll be back in November.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Co Armagh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Once again, kindness and hospitality are Helen's aims.
The house and bedrooms are so comfortable and the breakfasts have been delicious. We look forward to coming back for a third time. We have come as guests but are going home as friends.
Joan and Ian from Co. Armagh

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

If every Guest House had such good taste ( a beautiful ensuite room with plasma TV, teasmade, guest lounge, sun-trap dining room etc etc and...reasonable tariff) no one would consider bed and breakfast in a hotel!

Gerry and Breda from Dublin

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Stirling
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Just returned from a friends wedding at Brig O Doon, where we stayed at this great guest house, never stayed at a b and b before so was a bit doubtful.
However it was a beautiful guest house and Helen was most welcoming as she gave us tea and pancakes on arrival and even took us to Brig O Doon for the wedding.
Would happily recommend Greenan Lodge to anyone visiting Ayr.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

I have just returned from a three day trip to Scotland and stayed at this delightful establishment.
The service was absolutely first class, and our room was actually a suite with a separate sitting area. The whole house is beautifully turned out, tastefully decorated with lots of little gems here and there, and spotlessly clean!
There is a huge driveway at the front of the house, so no parking problems.
Breakfast was just wonderful, and the ambience in the lovely dining room made it a pleasure.
As for the location, it sits just 5 minutes away from the town amidst lovely scenery and close to superb restaurants (try the Balgarth for a great meal … you can walk to it).
I walk a lot and appreciated the proximity to the seafront and to the Carrick Hills.
So, if you are travelling to this neck of the woods, I suggest you give this place a go…you won’t regret it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

Spent a few days here. Had a great stay:
- Great service
- Superb breakfast
- Lovely rooms (and great beds)

Location is great for walks, eating out etc. Brig o Doon meal was best I've had in years.

Excellent!!

• Liked — Service with a big smile
  • Disliked — I couldn't stay longer...
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2008

My partner and I stayed here over a weekend to attend a party which was being held in Ayrshire. Stumbled across the website when browsing the internet and thought the place looked a lot more inviting than many of the faceless 'travelodge' type hotels which were on offer in the area.

I was initially a little wary about booking when I read the one negative review on tripadvisor, but having stayed here I find that it couldn't be further from the truth!

The hosts Alan and Helen couldn't be more helpful - even running us to the party on the Friday night (we never even asked!). The room was spotless and beautifully decorated without a hint of the pink which I was expecting from the other review.

The breakfast was wonderful too - freshly prepared and not at all greasy. All local produce too which is often hard to find when get your breakfast in a hotel. I'm not sure how Helen made the grilled tomatoes which came with the breakfast but I've never tasted anything as good before or since!

My partner and I have already decided to take some time out to visit again just to get away for a weekend - the walks along the shore are heavenly!

I just wish every hotel provided the same level of hospitality when visiting - a pleasure to stay!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Greenan Lodge? Share your experiences!