“Very warm and friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Ayr
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Very warm and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I booked the single room at the Arrandale Hotel in Ayr for just 2 nights and can say that I really enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and comfortable and the owner was warm and welcoming.
I was grateful for the help I had in organising a taxi and for directions around the town. I particularly enjoyed the cooked breakfast each morning. If i was to return to Ayr I would be happy to book there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here on the 24/5/13 and we thoroughly enjoyed it! It was booked as a last minute, overnight getaway as we had had a stressful couple of weeks. It was easy to find (with a little GPS help). When we arrived, we were greeted by the owner and another member of staff. We were shown to our room which was beautiful! I have put on 2 photos. We headed out to the beach which was a stones throw away and later headed to town. We enjoyed a meal and a movie at the cinema. The walk here was only 10 mins. The next morning, we had a great cooked breakfast of our choosing. It was lovely. Served very quickly and hot! We checked out after this and had a quick walk along the beach before heading home. We managed to park right outside of this hotel. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was extremely relaxing and in the perfect location. Would recommend this to anyone! Thank you arrandale hotel

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights,there was 8 guys who were over for a weekend of golf,we told her we didn't want breakfast on the Sunday morning,she duly charged us for it saying we didn't tell her that,she charged my mates credit card for an extra room saying someone used another room,she is a blatant liar because the fire alarm went off on Sunday morning and she had to come round to our rooms to get us out,she also said someone of us set the alarm off by smoking in the room,now this is the best bit,non of us smoke,she also charges £3 for a tin of beer,if it was the last place in Ayr to get a room for the night I still wouldn't go.

• Stayed May 2013
AyrLindaD, Owner at The Arrandale Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Alarm bells rang with this group when I received a phone call with a tirade of abuse from the prospective "guest" because he'd made a mess of his booking made via a Booking company which naturally I couldn't amend. There followed possibly the worst weekend since buying the hotel 7 years ago, with total and drunken disregard for the property, other guests, my staff etc. We have full cctv and photographic evidence of their behaviour over that weekend. In short, if my business had to rely on guests like this to survive, I would gladly hang up my apron and retire. Luckily they are in a minority so I will concentrate on the nice guests, of which there are plenty.
cumbria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

stayed 8thand 9th march we had booked to stay at seventeen eglinton terrace just up the road but to cut a long story short no one avrrived after three hour wait to let us in so arrandale hotel just up the road luckly had a empty room and they took us in nice hotel very homely host was a realy nicel and very helpful thanked her for saving our annivery weekend

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

After looking at reviews online for this hotel i was so looking forward to staying there,the host was lovely but the room i has was so dissapointing, to start with the kettle lead was too short to reach table so in order to boil kettle it had to be put on the floor, the pillows on the bed were disgraceful the bed had six pillows on it and all looked like the picture i have added because of this i could not get a good night sleep my neck was not supported at all one of the worst nights sleep ive ever had.
The shower was lovely and hot but it trickled water out there didnt seem to be any pressure.
The room did look nice but with the problem with the pillows and kettle would put me off staying again.
Every site i looked at for this hotel the pictures were decieving no picture of the room i stayed in.
There was a few other smaller niggles with the room but the main things i have mentioned above ..pillows kettle.
The room i stayed in was the small double.

Room Tip: Do a research on were you will be staying
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was trying to find accommodation for a large family occasion, and although in the end I did not book Arrandale , the owner Linda could not have been more helpful and the costings she quoted were very reasonable.....felt very bad letting her down, thank you Linda

Room Tip: I would imagine that you would be very well taken care of, Linda had a very helpful attitude
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Excellent location to beach any AYR, town centre. Free parking just outside hotel.
Staff very helpful and friendly. Bed in twin room we stayed for 1st night very uncomfortable with springs digging in my back, a bit shabby, but we moved into larger double room for rest of our stay ,with very comfortable bed. and nice furnishings. Ensuite small but more than adequate for our needs, lots of hot water for showering.
Bar did seem closed but all we had to do was ring bell and LInda would come and serve us, very large comfortable lounge to sit in the evening.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Arrandale Hotel? Share your experiences!