“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Ayr
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Nice, clean hotel with a modern decor. Great location if you have a car, Local shops include Asda & also a Frankie & Bennys restaurant right on the doorstep of the hotel. We visited with our daughter and niece and we all enjoyed our stay. Only exception was a family who let their young kids run amok in the hallway at 1.30am, otherwise would highly recommend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ballachulish, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for two nights in April. Room was fine - clean and tidy. There were two of us but only one chair in the room. Please reinstate the couches or at least add additional chairs. The floor was a bit noisy and I'm sure the folks below us heard every footstep. We certainly heard the elephants in the floor above!

Room Tip: Ground floor
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was all we required for the short stay. we had a very nice meal at Frankie and Benny's next door.the only small complaint was that there were no chairs to sit on. Staff at customer service desk very helpful..

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I have already sent to emails to travelodge complaints department ans have heard nothing which probably annoys me more. We stayed at Travelodge Ayr in April as a family break with my sister and mother. Our first night was great and comfortable. But the second night was horrible. After getting my toddler into their bed clothes, he went next door to my mum and sister while I took a shower. He was playing with his toys for about 15 mins and tben they decided to calm him down and get ready for bed at about 10pm. At 10.30pm there was a loud knocking on the door as if it was the police trying to do a raid. My elderlymother My mother answered the door to a very intimidating large angry member of staff who proceeded to shout at an elderly lady about how if there had been numerous complaints regarding noise. We were not aware of the poor sound proofing and the child had only been playing for 15 mins with his toys. He then proceeded to threaten my elderly mother about how she would have to leave if he has to come up again. My mum who is recovering from a heart condition proceeded to say ok but he kept repeating the same threat over and over again. This was the first time he had come up and there was no gentle pre warning before his aggressive disrespectful behaviour to my elderly mother. He was so loud that he was heard from the other room but they did not think he could possibly be speaking to an elderly perdon like that so did not invedtigate. I could hear him from the shower and my sister was also in the room listening to his aggressive behaviour. It was a terrible night with everyone too scared to even cough or go to toilet especially the little kids who were petrified to sneeze in case the bad man makes them sleep in the car. Noone had a relaxing night and it ruined our break. When my husband went and spoke to him he shrugged his shouders that he was basically in the right. Is this how travelodge train their staff in customer service and how to speak to customers. Was it really right that an overbearing aggressive male spoke to an elderly female in that manner. We have stayed in other travelodges and had encouraged family to stay there. But now we will never stay in travelodge especially the one in Ayr and will return to premierinn. The matter hasn't been dealt with even with emails of complaints and reporting to staff in the morning of the unsatisfactory treatment of my mother. I cannot believe how he was justified to use such threatening aggressive behaviour to my mother and to continue even after she agreed that no more noise even though the
noise had already stopped 30 minutes before he banged on the door.
I would give it no stars but had to guve it a star.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from the Social Media team at Travelodge Ayr, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re truly sorry to learn that you did not receive a high level of customer care as we pride ourselves in delivering this exceptionally well to every customer every day. We assure you that we take matters such as these very seriously and we would like to investigate this further. To do so, please provide us with more information by using the contact us section on our website.
Wick, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for 2 nights with my partner and our little girl. Perfect location easy to find and close to town and local attractions.

Room was spotlessly clean and staff we're friendly.

Cannot fault it and for £23 a night we will be back!

Dollar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Brilliant 2 day stay for a wedding. Hotel staff very helpful and cheerful. Frankie and Benny's / Subway (food) just otherside of carpark, what could be better.
It would be difficult to find fault on any aspect of our stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is in a great location ,can get taxi or bus into Ayr. It's next to Subway ( Eating) & Frankie & Benny's,short walk to Pizza Hut & KFC.& Retail park.
Hotel is nice & clean also well maintained.
My only negatives was mattress & pillows could have been a bit softer as they were really hard. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Ayr? Share your experiences!