“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 62 Ayr B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

No hesitation in recommending Inverlea. Inverlea was spotlessly clean, very comfortable, excellent breakfast. Liz and staff made us feel most welcome

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Boss said "Find the cheapest place in Ayr with Wi-fi", so I did. I've stayed in some horrors in my time and was therefore not expecting anything special at all. How I was wrong...

Inverlea was great. Literally the cleanest Guest House I've ever been to, with some of the nicest staff too. The room was fantastic and I had a great rest each evening. To top it off there was a fantastic breakfast to wake up to each day.

If I'm ever that way again, I'll definitely be calling back in.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Darvel, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

As I work in Ayr but live 45mins drive away I booked the Inverlea so I could enjoy a work leaving party - on that occasion it was less than the Travelodge and near the centre of Ayr so I could walk. Well when I arrived I was amazed by the quality of the whole property - I thought I was walking in to 5 Star Hotel!
Once I saw the rooms I knew that I would never stay anywhere else, comfortable, elegant and spotless. The most impressive part of the stay had to be the welcome and the staff throughout my stay - they definately are professionals in their field and nothing was too much trouble.
I have now been back to stay again and constantly tell everyone I meet to stay there - they are never dissapointed!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Ballymena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

You will not be disappointed with your stay here! Good sized, comfortable rooms, great breakfasts, and Liz has the knack of making you feel instantly relaxed and "at home".

• Stayed May 2011
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights during a trip to Ayr for a wedding.
Room was very spacious with good facilities. Very clean. Excellent shower - not en suite but never had a problem accessing the bathroom.
Lovely breakfast and welcoming hosts.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

After a full day of sightseeing, just winging it around Scotland, we pulled into Ayr, hoping to find a room. We chanced upon the Inverlea Guest House, and were absolutely thrilled with our stay in this delightful townhouse. The proprietor (Liz) could not have been more welcoming. Our room was very spacious, very clean, very classy, high ceilings, tartan carpets in the hallways. We had a car - so the Guest House is not far from Culzean Castle - nor from the Robert Burns Cottage (and Memorial) and the legendary Brig o'Doon in the neighboring village of Alloway.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Folkestone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

I stay in a lot of Hotels, Guest houses and B&Bs on my business travels and this was by far the best and the bench mark for future trips. This spotless and very welcoming guest houses is well worth a visit, extremely friendly and very quiet, the room was comfortable with TV Wi-Fi and Tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast was a work of art and very tasty, I cannot fault this guest house at all and I will defiantly be booking in here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Don't miss breakfast