“Breath of fresh Ayr” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Elms Court Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ayr
Elms Court Hotel
21-23 Miller Road, Ayr KA7 2AX, Scotland   |
Ranked #15 of 21 hotels in Ayr
Hamilton
“Breath of fresh Ayr”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from an overnight stay in this hotel, booked through booking.com the day before we travelled.

The price was £65 bed & breakfast for a twin room. Room very spacious ( room 6) with a large bay window, beds were very comfortable, nice shower room with plenty of hot water. The location of he hotel is excellent as it is in a quiet road just a 2 minute walk from the town centre.

Breakfast was great, made to order and very tasty served by a very pleasant waitress. The whole experience was great with one small niggle, it was the coldest day of this year so far and the room was freezing despite an extra heater provided. I would suggest that you put in an extra door between the small hallway and the actual bedroom.

Thanks for looking after us.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
edinburgh, scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Close to Ayr town centre this hotel offers good value for money, an excellent welcome and, for my daughter and I, offered a very comfortable room with a great breakfast. The room was very clean as was the hotel throughout, reflecting what can only be good management. We would both have no hesitation in coming back to this very friendly, well run hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Burnley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was in room 3. A small but adequate single room, clean room with a comfy bed. When I was taken into the room it was freezing. The very helpful receptionist, who carried some of my luggage up to the room, tried the radiator, it was on but not over warm. She showed me the bathroom (Looked new) again this was absolutley freezing and the only heating in it was the towel rail which was turned off.

I used the bar service for a snack which was very nice and again a nice friendly employee to serve me.

Anyway, not a bad nights sleep, but the room had not heated up at all.

I went into the bathroom and had to put a towel on the tiles as they were absolutley bitter, like they had been outside all night. I turned the shower on and low and behold "COLD". Gave up on the idea and had a sink wash.

Went down for breakfast and the receptionist again was really welcoming and helpful and the breakfast was very good with a good selection and well cooked.

Its a shame, the only thing that let my stay down was the room heating and the coldness of the bathroom and cold shower.

Room Tip: If you get room 3. Ask for an extra blanket
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
East Neuk of Fife
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

A warm welcome by the receptionist started our stay on the right foot. The receptionist - sorry, I didn't note her name - had many roles and was excellent in all of them. Bar in the late evening, breakfast in the early morning,
The hotel was spotlessly clean and well decorated and my single room, though small, was comfortable and the en-suite, with shower over bath was perfectly adequate.
We ate out in the evening so I couldn't rate their dinner offering but the cooked breakfast was substantial and delicious.
We were in Ayr for a luxury day at the races and planned to have a two night stay. However sadly the race day was cancelled on our first morning and rather than spend the day aimlessly wandering around town in the pouring rain we opted to check out and return home. This resulted in our having to pay for the second night as the hotel has a 48 hour cancellation policy (I'm not complaining, just stating a fact. We knew the rules when we booked!)
Had we stayed longer I would have been better able to 'judge' the hotel and perhaps given a higher rating, but what we had was very pleasant and if I were to return to Ayr, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My cousin and her husband always stay in this hotel when they come over from Canada for a visit. I joined them for dinner a few weeks ago and it was a pleasant experience. We ate from the set price three course menu and it was wonderful value. The food was freshly cooked and portions were ample. I enjoyed the meal and will return in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

stayed here over night,the staff were great and freindly couldnt be any more helpful, room was spotless bed was so comfy great nights sleep, breakfast was lovely and plenty of it . would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Stayed two nights here in August and haven't a complaint. Porridge was cooked to order and the room was clean. Hotel five minutes from train station and about the same from the centre of Ayr.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Elms Court Hotel? Share your experiences!