“Great Lunch Venue” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 151 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: American, European, Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Meridian is a bright, spacious and central cafe, bar & bistro that serves contemporary food and stylish cocktails in chic cosmopolitan surroundings.
“Great Lunch Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Have visited this place several times this summer for lunch and absolutely love it. They have a nice simple, well priced menu and a great selection of draught and bottled beers. The place is always busy but you will usually get a table without having to wait. Whilst its a pub it's got a really bright airy feel and the staff are really friendly creating a great atmosphere to relax and enjoy.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ayr, United Kingdom
“wouldnt return”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

visited this restaurant on 22/08/2013 and was impressed with the layout of the restaurant but I am afraid it went downhill from there. when my daughter and I arrived there were only 6 people having meals and when we ordered it took 30mins for our meal to arrive. I had the chicken burger and to say I was disappointed is an understatement. the bun was rock hard and the chicken was really tough. my knife couldn't cut through it, when we had finished and asked for the bill I was waiting 20mins for someone to come and collect it but I had to go to the bar and pay.,there were 3 people behind the bar and they were only interested in what was happening behind the bar. first time here and to be honest it will be my last time. there are far better places in ayr to eat than this place so avoid going here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Merida, Spain
“Friendly staff and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We were for holidays in Ayr and we had dinner here. We very much enjoyed with their yummy food (nachos, fajitas...) The staff was very attentive and place was wonderful atmosphere.
Not very expensive.
I'd like have one similar in my city :)

Ana and Javier.

Visited July 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Decent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Tasty and fresh food, decent portions.
We especially enjoyed their pizza.
They have good selection of drinks.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ayr, Scotland, United Kingdom
“the best in ayr”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

i visit the meridian at least once a month either for a sit in meal or their really good eat out service, friendly staff ,good food selection , great meal deals and some brilliant cocktails. been to alot of restaurants in the area but still no contender to compete with them , chicken enchiladas are superb!

• Visited June 2013