“Most Friendly Hotel Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Ayr Hotel

You added Mercure Ayr Hotel to your Saves list
Mercure Ayr Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dalblair Road, Ayr KA7 1UG, Scotland (Formerly Ramada Jarvis)   |
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Ayr
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Most Friendly Hotel Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful and look after a large party of us with a smile.
The rooms are well looked after and a good size.
We have been using this hotel for the last 8 years and will be looking forwrad to booking with them in the future.

SUPERB STAFF
Llanishen Bob L

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a few words about your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had another enjoyable weekend.

It is always a pleasure looking after you and the boys and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Lindsay Steele

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Co Durham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The room is ok, staff friendly. Spa is disappointing and definitely needs a facelift and pool cold today as the ' water had been changed' but the jacuzzi sauna and steam room were warm'. Close to town centre and plenty of places to eat and drink nearby. I did have a nice sandwich here on arrival, but ate out later so can't comment on the food.

• Stayed March 2013
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the hotel.

I take on board your comments regarding the spa and apologise that the water was a little cold. During the periodic cleaning of the pool water fresh water is pumped in and this does take a short while to come back up to temperature.

I do hope that you will return to the hotel on your next visit to Ayr and perhaps sample some of the new items on our menu.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We had arranged to go to the races on the Friday and Saturday and somehow managed to get a special deal for the weekend. We stayed for two nights bed and breakfast with an evening meal on the Friday. As we were going to the races we had arrived early hoping to leave our luggage and return to check in, but to our pleasant surprise our rooms were ready and our check in went quickly and smoothly. We had stayed in the hotel several years ago and while the fabric of the hotel was not exceptional, it was very good for a 3 star. Our room was clean and tidy and good enough for the weekend. Having stayed in numerous hotels over the years, it always paid to avoid their restaurants as quality of food seemed secondary, but here in the Mercure the grub was great. I am usually not a big eater, but to the surprise of the rest of my group, I managed to finish off the 3 courses with no problem. Service was excellent with the staff being bright and friendly and when we came back down for breakfast in the morning standards remained the same despite the hotel being full. Will certainly be returning in the future.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at the hotel, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am glad that you found the team to be friendly and helpful, this is something that we take great pride in and I know they will take great encouragement from your kind words. I am also pleased that you enjoyed your meals with us and I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the Chef.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel for any future race weekends, or simply for a relaxing break soon.

Kinds Regards

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

A first rate 3 star hotel, has everything you could possibly need and in addition the food is excellent and the service from all of the staff superb. It is in a great location and we have stayed many times, enjoying a variety of past-times:- a day at the races, visits to Rabbie Burns museum, visit to Culzean Castle, a day at the beach etc. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback after your most recent stay with us, I am delighted that it was again an enjoyable one.

I will pass your comments on to the team who will no doubt take great encouragement from your kind words.

KInd Regards

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel is one to be watched, it was obvious that the management kept the staff to a minimum over the out of season period, which I suppose is understandable to a degree, this was a shame, BUT the staff really looked after me, the rooms where great and only for the fact that only one woman was serving breakfast which meant a wait, I would highly recommend this hotel......the woman serving breakfast by the way deserves a medal, she was looking after over 25/30 residents on her own and managed to give them all the time of day and pampered to all of their needs, amazing, if she does not deserve a pay rise I don't know who does....I wish I would have got her name but had to rush of to meet a customer......i am looking forward to going to this hotel again, the person at the bar was also amazing and very attentive, thanks to everyone!

Room Tip: If you need to be at an appointment early in the morning then get to breakfast early too, no need to...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable experience and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Ayr and hope it won't be too long before you do.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here for one night, if it'd been two, I'd've left after the first. Room had a good view but that was it really. Bathroom was council house material, beds were shawdy and room was just bland. Spa facilities, worse I've seen. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see them. But the worse of all is the prices in the bar/ restaurant, do not pay them. There is a bar called 'Smiths' directly beside this "hotel". They do vodka & dashes for 99p and 2 main meals for £8.99. Go there, much better food and nicer staff. If your looking for a base then ideal but a relaxing break at a nice hotel, your onto plumbs. Go to 'The Western House Hotel' it's 10 million times better than this place and at the same price. Choose wisely ;)

• Stayed February 2013
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay with us, I am disappointed that it was not an enjoyable one.

Wokingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Good central location. Spa facilities good although it would be better if guests were either provided with dressing gowns to wear on way to club or able to get a towel in the club rather than using room towel which would then be replaced later. Shower facilities are limited in the club and if you want to return to your room to shower you have only a wet towel to use. Friendly helpful staff. Good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time.

I am glad you found the team to be friendly and helpful as it is something that we pride ourselves upon. I will be sure to look into the towel situation for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Lindsay Steele

Been to Mercure Ayr Hotel? Share your experiences!