“Nice Wetherspoons” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Nice Wetherspoons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Visited here on Friday and found a booth, which was pleasing as the place was quite busy. Nice surroundings in an old church building. The only pitfall being the toilets are upstairs, but there are tables on the way up, which are usually quite quiet. I opted for the Fish Friday, which came with an alcoholic drink for about £6.95 and was great value. The fish is huge and it comes with chips and your choice of garden or mushy peas. I opted for mushy and it also comes with tartare sauce. A nice dish and well worth the money. The service is also really quick so no hanging around waiting on your food and if you stay for a few extra drinks you are guaranteed decent value and a vast selection.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Perth, United Kingdom
“Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had a sirloin and a mixed grill with chilli prawns as a side dish bottle of red wine all for £20!! Where else could you get that? Tasted nice too!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I popped in here whilst visiting family and the 4 of us managed to have a main meal and drinks for just £30 and it was more than edible! It was warm and tasted nice. Of course it was no 4* restaurant but I think people expect a bit too much from Wetherspoons. Its a place to go and have cheap food and drink and should be treated like it. It was perfectly enjoyable and the staff were friendly and efficient. The Duty Manager (Kylie?) was helpful and clearly mucked in with the rest of the staff clearing tables and handing out food. We would definately return.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Airdrie, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Witherspoon's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I love the Witherspoon's chain, particularly when I need to eat in an unfamiliar town as you know what your going to get.

However, I found this one to be better than expected. The venue itself was stunning, with the restaurant being in an old church. On the night we went in it was pretty busy but the service was superb and the food came quick. The burger was cooked to perfection but there was slightly less chips than we normally get at other locations.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Inedible breakfast”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Visited the West Kirk on the 4th December for breakfast as a rare treat because my partner was leaving for a few weeks for work that day.

We both ordered the Breakfast Bloomer & a drink each. The total for this was almost £10.

When the food arrived we couldn't wait to get tucked in.

WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!

The bacon was solid, the egg had obviously been left frying too long as there was a crust covering the full bottom, the sausage was cold & the bread had obviously been made into the sandwich & sat under a hot plate for god knows how long until someone arrived to bring it to our table!

We were both hungry though & ate what we could but upon leaving I decided that it simply wasn't good enough & went over to ask if there were any customer comment cards.

Not only did the girl behind the bar attempt to serve another couple before me (even though I had obviously been standing there a while) she then informed me that she thought they'd 'run out' of comment cards.

I decided then to tell her exactly what I thought of the disgusting excuse for a breakfast.

No apology, no nothing, I didn't want a refund & I made that clear however some sort of apology would've been appreciated.

Word of advice : up the game Wesk Kirk & rota in more service staff to avoid the abysmal queues & service!