“Best chippy!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of wellington fish restaurant

wellington fish restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
England, United Kingdom
“Best chippy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Wonderful fish and chip shop. The special fish is delicious and great chips too, not the usual greasy ones you usually get at chippies. Had take-away and ate down by the sea. Excellent. Definitely recommend if you are at Ayr. Excellent service too.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kilmarnock
“Chips to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were going out to a late meal so we just wanted something light so we ordered a small plate of chips each. When it came, it was massive. The chips were well cooked and we scoffed them.

Visited October 2013
Ayr
“Standard fish and chip restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

After suffering the soggy batter and slimy undercooked fish at a couple of the 'better' restaurants in Ayr it was great to get properly cooked fish in a nice crisp and crunchy batter. The chips were typical fish and chip shop fare, which I enjoyed. The menu is obviously limited but what can you expect. I always find that the food is better sitting in than taking away, which is a bit odd.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great chippy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Good fish and chips in a nice clean environment with good friendly service. All you ask for from a chippy style restaurant . Good value lunch to set you up for the day.

Visited October 2013
Jindabyne, New South Wales, Australia
“A great trip down memory lane.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

After a long tiring day visiting my mum in hospital we wanted something quick, tasty and comforting. Good ol' fish 'n' chips came to mind but I didn't want to eat them in the car or take them home - they taste as good at home. I remembered the place where we always got our fish suppers from when I was a kid growing up in Ayr so we headed for the Welllinngton . Initially I wasn't sure the dining section was closed - the waitresses were all seated in one booths but rose to attention when we sat down in a booth near the door.

Cathy the waitress was just how I remembered the sort of waitress in these places growing up: natural, down to earth and friendly. My friend wanted a tea and it came in a sensible mug. I was really hungry and prepared to have a large serving serving but was assured by Cathy a small would suffice.

It was great; really unhealthy and just what the doctor ordered. White and butter, mugs of hot tea, mushy peas, a generous serving of fish and chips each.

I tipped Cathy a fiver - may be over the top but I Wanted to acknowledge her hard work ,the late hour and for cheering me up about being back in my home town under difficult
Circumstances.

As it turned out it was her birthday - fair dinkum - so doubly glad I gave a decent tip.

As promised here is my review - looking forward to going back with my husband I late October

This is a fish and chip shop cafe and perfect as it is for what it is.
See you next time.LouiseYmm