“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 62 Ayr B&B and Inns
Fraserburgh
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Terrifc house, warm welcome, room and facilities more than wonderful, breakfast superb.........how many more superlatives are there! Thank you so much! Definitely back again.

Room Tip: All terrific
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Warm and friendly welcome, Melissa and David made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble - including getting an item from Tesco's for us! The room was light and airy with a view over the garden and the ensuite was luxurious. Breakfast in the conservatory was the best of the trip.
The guest house was well situated just a short walk into town. We look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We had a two night stay at Appin House to attend a family wedding in Ayr. The welcome was friendly, rooms were very modern and comfortable with en suite facilities and all amenities. Good choice of breakfast. Within easy walking distance to Ayr town centre. All in all, a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

This is my second time staying at this lovely B&B. Appin House is definitely a home away from home. Melissa and David are exceptional hosts, always going above and beyond to ensure their guests are comfortable and accommodated. I was in the UK attending to family business, and my schedule kept changing. Melissa was extremely gracious in ensuring that I had a place to fall asleep at night. While my unexpected schedule changes meant I had to change rooms, as they were full up and had booked the room I was supposed to have checked out of, Melissa juggled things around and I always had a bed to come back to, all with a minimum of fuss on my part. I left in the morning, and came back to a new room with all my luggage moved in for me. I honestly can not say enough about this beautiful home, and I will not hesitate to stay here on my return visits to the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We cannot recommend this B&B highly enough! The room was light and clean (in fact I don't think I have ever seen a cleaner bathroom) and the owners made us feel so welcome. They were both really chatty and friendly and the breakfast was absolutely delicious.

The evening we were there we ate in Cecchinis Italian Restaurant. Once again we were delighted with the experience. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful and very reasonably priced.

Overall our stay in Ayr was pretty much perfect. We will definitely go back to both Appin House and Cecchinis Restaurant.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Bloxwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Very warm welcome, shown to room which was very very tasteful. Tea/coffee available in room. Very luxurious, they made you feel welcome and had a friendly approach, and always with a warm smile. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they went out their way to please their guests. We shall now be regular guests from now one.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

very friendly family run guest house with excellent modern fresh room in ideal location for all local amenities within easy walking distance. Excellent routine each evening for selecting your choice of breakfast for following morning (which turned out each morning to be of 5 star quality)

Room Tip: Ask for en suite
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Appin House? Share your experiences!