“Very disappointed today” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Girvan, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed today”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Have been visiiting this restaurant for years and I am sad to say I was really disappointed with the poor service I received today. I went in today for lunch with two female friends and my one year old and there were two other tables in at that point. Anyway we went in and asked for a table for four with a highchair and the man made a face when we asked for the highchair. He then made a big show of having to move a table for us to fit the high chair in and asked me to put my pram at the side which I did. I got my child settled and my friends and I sat down and the man stomped over and said that I would have to put my pram in the doorway. I told him that I had put pram where he had specified and that I was not happy about having the pram and my shopping out of sight. We decided to leave and the man yelled at us on the way out because he had had to move a table and a high chair for us and basically told us not to come back because we were time waster.
I was so upset at the man's attitude today and I don't think I would go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Ayr, United Kingdom
“Take away heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great food and really tasty, fast and friendly and always give you a few extra things to try. Its one of the best.

Visited August 2012
Ayr, United Kingdom
“good food, service not so great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I recently went for a lunch at this restaurant, I discovered all the starters that were not soup were an additional £1 to the set menu price, this was not a major problem though. The food was lovely, both main course and starter but I personally am not a dessert person so I asked if I could possibly get a coffee instead of a dessert; this seemed reasonable enough as a coffee to make is much cheaper than a piece or cake and ice cream but I got explanation just a simple no, but I could get a coffee on-top of the original price, and my reply was no it's fine. I then got the bill and was still charged for three courses and the extra £1, I felt as I didn't get a dessert they could have at least knocked off the extra £1 to be customary, but no. Again the food was lovely but maybe this should be rethought if they wish people to be coming back on a more regular basis.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Girvan, United Kingdom
“Great value, great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Best Chinese in Ayr and I have tried them all several times. Lovely inside, especially compared with other Chinese restaurants on the sandgate. Do not go anywhere else if you are eating out. Love this place....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A good quality restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Excellent service, a good selection on the menu, clean, just what I expect from a good quailty Chinese restaurant. It may be a little more expensive than other Chinese restaurants in Ayr but it is really good quality food and they had offers available on certain nights of the week.

Visited August 2012