“Reunion Dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbotsford Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ayr
Abbotsford Hotel
You added Abbotsford Hotel to your Saves list
14 Corsehill Road, Ayr KA7 2SE, Scotland   |
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Ayr
Prestwick
“Reunion Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Ayr Ice Hockey Legends dinner with over a hundred diners held here again as last year a great success. Everybody easily served with hot food. Staff attentive but not intrusive. Bar staff made sure all had sufficiency in very pleasant surroundings. We will return

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Everyone was so kind, tried to offer me breakfast even though I had missed the window...I also forgot my hair straightener in the room, and the staff kindly posted it to me after I phoned, refusing money, insisting that I donate to charity instead. Room was comfy, if a little on the cold side. But the friendliness more than made up for any weakness with the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here in room 8 before a friend's wedding in Alloway. We were welcomed with a roaring fire and a friendly smile and decided to dine there for the evening. Our room was fairly spacious and the bathroom was enormous and we loved looking at all the collections in the hallways and stairs. Dinner was great delicious hearty portions. We spent some time in the original copper topped bar and tables and very much enjoyed the owner's chit chat and a little history of the hotel

Only downside was the room was a little tired but in keeping with the hotel

Room Tip: Number 8 was lovely!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Have never eaten here but it is my local ale house consistently has great pint of deuchars. Other guest ales feature but why try the rest when you can have the best. Bar staff very friendly. Food looks great though I have never tried it

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayr, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We booked the function suite for a birthday party and a number of us also booked rooms for the night, five couples. Fantastic service from the host and his staff, couldnt do more to help make it special from arrival to leaving.

The chef even came and spoke to us at breakfast to ask if we had had a great night. Nice touch that they work as a team.

Rooms were very nice and comfortable, breakfast excellent.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Abbotsford Hotel on numerous occasions and it has always been a very pleasant stay, the staff are courteous and friendly, the rooms are clean and tidy and a suitable room temperature to sleep in. I have eaten at the hotel when I have stayed there and the food has always been of a good quality. Since staying there I have been made very welcome by both staff and locals alike, I highly recommend this hotel if you stay in Ayr.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

On a busy trip, I looked forward to a rest on my final night (22nd October) at the peaceful and interesting Abbotsford Hotel. Friendly welcome, log fire, tasty meals and a very good night's sleep. I think I shall stay longer next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Abbotsford Hotel? Share your experiences!