“Already booked for next year!!” 5 of 5 stars

The Richmond Guest House
38 Park Circus, Ayr KA7 2DL, Scotland   |
Ranked #20 of 61 Ayr B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Already booked for next year!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Well what can I say! This is a real home from home. The owners, Helen and Muir, made us welcome from the word go.
The rooms were immaculate and spotlessly clean.
The breakfast selection was vast but if you have a specific requirement Helen goes out her way to get it for you. The cooked breakfast was delicious. I even had 2 double yolk eggs....she uses free range from a local farm!
I have stayed at this B&B for over 8 years now and cannot fault anything. We have booked again for next year.
Thanks again Helen and Muir!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

I stayed four days at the Richmond and Helen was very friendly and I did not even know they had a dog. Breakfast was good and the rooms spacious, clean and yes I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011
Margate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We have just returned home from spending four days in the richmond. What can i say ..... i have just read the review about the dog hair and poo, I was there for four days and nights and i didn't know they had a dog. I loved this wee guest house and the owner helen + muir were two of the nicest people i have ever had the pleasure to meet. The room was spotless as was the dining room. The breakfast is to die for....yum. Helen gave us lots of help on where to go and what to see while there. I would definately return here and in fact have already booked for early next year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Seaham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

Stayed at this lovely, friendly welcoming b&b for 7 nights with my sister.  The week was busy due to a local bowling event and the b&b was fully booked.  Everything was perfect and always to an exceptionally high standard, the rooms are spotlessly clean and well appointed, the breakfasts fresh and delicious. The owners Helen and Muir are fantastic and nothing was too much trouble for this wonderful couple. We never saw their dog once during our stay and there was definitely no sign of their dog as mentioned in one review. This b&b is excellently located and we will back to stay again.  Would recommend to anyone and use again.  Keep up the great work Helen and Muir and we will see you again - Maureen & Irene

• Stayed July 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011 via mobile

I was a bit worried when I read the last review but it was recommended to us, so I went with it. I can honestly say that I have never stayed in a more welcoming establishment! Our booking was at last minute and our arrival was late yet Helen (the owner) was there to check us in, outwith the norm!
I was there for 3 days, seen the dog once and never seen a dog hair anywhere! I am asthmatic and would have noticed!!!
Please anyone who is considering this guest house please go! They are a lovely couple who run it and bent over backwards to make our stay great! Thankyou Helen and Muir for making our trip, we will certainly be back! :)

• Stayed July 2011
ottowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I visited this establishment with my disabled partner. When I arrived in Ayr after a long journey I telephoned the owner seeking directions as to how to get there. She sent us miles out of our way and was extremely rude. I asked for help to unpack and she refused. The room was hot and unconfortable and none of the windows would open . The owner has a dog and there was evidence of dog all throughout the whole place. I found dog hairs on my breakfast every morning. The place was filty with dog poo all over the place The owner was rude to the point of being insulting . I advise you to avoid this one at all costs

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmondguesthouse, Owner at The Richmond Guest House, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
The comments made on this review are all totally untrue. All reviews received from guests who have stayed with us previously have been useful, helpful and accurate. This cannot be said about this feedback which is totally without foundation and indeed is structured to damage our good reputation. I would ask future guests reading this comment to disregard it.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Affordable b and b with all Ud expect . Room was clean and tidy, a good sized tv with freeview . Bed was comfortable , tea and coffee provided and hot chocolate! Our room was en-suite shower wasn't great it would give u cold water when u didn't want it. The heating in the room wasn't great either and am sure in winter time it would be freezing. Breakfast was good particulary the cooked English which was cooked to my liking. Overall its a nice wee b and b to stay in if only it wernt for the heating and shower.

• Stayed January 2011

Been to The Richmond Guest House? Share your experiences!