“Felt we were treated like kids” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 151 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Felt we were treated like kids”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Been loads always enjoyed the restaurant this month me and a group of friends were enjoying a Christmas catch up, we were maybe loud but we weren't surrounded by a lot of other tables however a older gentleman complained about us on his way out the door saying we were loud and inappropriate this gentleman had already been seen by us to have complained three times about his meal was taken so seriously the manager felt they had to spy on our table and ease drop on the conversation only to approach us to inform of this complaint but to tell us she hadn't ears anything! I did not see the point of this conversation and I felt very put out that they felt it proper to listen in for five minutes! Was very uncomfortable and if it hadn't of been for my friends enjoying themself I would of left! I won't be back sorry!

Ayr, United Kingdom
“Poor attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Rang ahead to check they catered gluten free. Asked for gluten free menu and ordered soup off it. When it arrived with a roll on plate I asked if it was gluten free as it was identical to other diners rolls. Waitress said no and leaned over and lifted it off my plate then back for the butter and she left. I waited at least 5 minutes before I could get anyone's attention to ask about my gluten free roll and was told there was none and again she walked away. No apology or anything. Would have liked to know they don't do bread or roll with soup at time of ordering and if they r going to have a gluten free menu with soup they should invest in stocking appropriate rolls to accompany. Would seriously be concerned for cross contamination in this place so gluten free diners be aware

Visited December 2013
“Mark”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I'm very disappointed that you didn't return my deposit despite giving you several days notice. I've eaten at this restaurant for several years. The food and sevice has always been excellent. Consequently, we booked for Xmas lunch. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I was unable to join my colleagues for lunch. I'm very disapointed and will take my custom elsewhere. Your management is out of order as we were told over the phone that the deposits would be returned as we had given sufficient notice!!

Ayr
“Christmas works Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Arrived a bit early and our table was not quite ready but we got to sit down quite quickly and refreshment orders taken a 3 of our party did not arrive till one the proper booked time . It gave us plent time to study the menu and decisions taken . We were all in santa coming mode and in no hurry orders were taken and we waited for the superb starters to arrive they came and the presentation was excelent. Mains followed and again faultless service good and some of us were persuaded to indulge in a sweet .
On the down side our party was originally 10 but 4 days earlier we down sized to 7 and only 7 covers were set when the bill arrived it did not have the reduction on the 10 deposits payed a couple of weeks ago , The waitress took it away but only credited us the 7 deposits which i felt was a bit mean however she said that was the management decission however the next day my colleague who had booked it and cancelled it said the assistant said we would not lose the 3 canceled deposits as it was far enought in advance

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Went here for the first time for breakfast and it was outstanding everything was cooked to pefection and plenty of choice on the menu ,which may seem odd for breakfast but it is for everyone with a slimmers breakfast to a light to a full with lots of add ons if you like a really big breakfast.
Service was also very good woild highly recommend