“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 hotels in Ayr
fochabers,moray
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Lovely clean premier inn,although I find that they all are.Nice sized room with everything you would need in it and a restaurant and bar downstairs beside reception. Had evening meal,which was lovely,the only one thing negative I would say is that we waited quite a while for the meal. Couldn't say anything about breakfast as we were still full up from the night before so didnt have. Very nice staff,friendly and helpful.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
kirkcudbright
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed in this hotel to save travelling between laser eye surgery and check up the next day. It was easy to find. The staff were wonderfully friendly and helpfull, the room was clean and comfortable and despite being very close to the road it was surprisingly quiet. The onsite restaurant was a godsend, food was delicious and staff brilliant. Premier in might be more expensive than travlelodge but it is soo worth it! I'll be staying again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

First time staying in a premier inn and was very impressed. Hotel and room were clean and the staff were very helpful and kind. The restaurant was good too and wasn't that expensive either. No faults with this hotel and we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, all staff were friendly and made our stay a great experience. We stayed here to go to the races and will definatley stay again. We phoned to check if we could check in early as the races started quite early, thanks to Donna who I spoke to on the phone, this was no problem. This meant we could enjoy our day fully. The room, as was the hotel was spotless. I have stayed in a lot of premier inn's and this was by far the best. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2013
Portavogie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Having previously used Travel Lodge for weekends away to watch rugby and visit family in Ayr I can definitely say after using the Premier Inn for the first time I will never use Travel Lodge again! Rooms were very clean, staff were extremely friendly and welcoming and the overall calue for money was excellent! Well done Premier Inn, for a budget hotel you offer luxury!

Room Tip: book on line early for the best deals
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nairn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was our first visit to the A77/Racecourse Premier Inn, though we have stayed in a number of other venues over recent years. The location is very convenient for the airport and for Ayr, but being surrounded by car dealerships is somewhat isolated from other leisure facilities (such as restaurants) in the area. The building looks fresh from the outside and the car park is protected by secure gates. The reception area is attractive and the reception staff are friendly and attentive. The rooms are smaller than other Premier Inn's I have used but are well appointed and clean. Upon arrival we booked a table for 7.30pm in the dining room and duly arrived on time. We were taken to a table - but left there for 15 minutes without attention before being asked whether we would like a drink. I requested the wine list which was delivered and made my choice. Ten minutes passed before the waitress (friendly but ineffective) returned to say that my choice of wine wasn't available and could I choose another. However, as she hadn't brought the wine list to the table I had to request it again. Ten minutes later, a young man came to take our order but when I pointed out that we still awaited delivery of the wine he disappeared - and the original waitress returned to say that my further wine choice was also not available! The comedy of errors continued as we went away again to retrieve the wine list for my consideration! When she returned it was to say that other bottles of wine were also not available but that she "might be able to squeeze two glasses out" of one of the bottles I had shown interest in! We ordered our meals which were delivered fifteen minutes later and were very enjoyable. However, our main courses (which were also of good quality and very enjoyable) were delivered to the table only forty minutes later. All in all, our two course meals had taken two hours to order and present to the table. In common with the protocol of restaurants, I was asked if "everything was all right with the meal" and said that I was happy with the food but not the service. With this I was offered the attendance of the Manager who duly appeared. I explained all the events of the previous two hours and he simply kept repeating "I agree with you, but I don't criticise my staff!" He went on to say that the wine had "run out over the preceding week and that a delivery was due the following day." In short, I have no complaint about the hotel or the quality of food which eventually finds it's way to the table, but the working systems and management appear in serious need of overhaul. My understanding is that Premier Inn have a "satisfaction guaranteed" philosophy. I have to say, that having had my bill reduced by only two or three pounds to compensate for the two hour waste of time and difference in cost between my initial wine choice and the one I was obliged to select, I saw no evidence of that philosophy as a fact! There are better and less frustrating places in Ayr, many available at lower cost, and they are the one's I will seek out in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed for 1 night only while at a wedding at a hotel down the road. The reception staff were lovely and friendly. Room was big enough for 2 adults but would have been slightly crowded if the children were with us. The room was very clean, bed extremely comfy, tv great and very powerful shower. Perfect for a cheap nights stay over.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse? Share your experiences!