Premier Inn had taken over from Holiday Inn. We found no difference in service. Staff were exceptional (hello Lauren or Laura). We ate a couple of times here, meals were adequate and inexpensive, rooms comfortable.
Only drawback - we booked and paid in full when we organised it through Expedia back in March.
Upon arrival they took our credit card details and when I checked out, found they had charged us for the room again. When this was pointed out, staff were very good, and they were going to follow up. As I had a plane to catch, I couldn't hang around so they were given contact details. I've been back in Australia 3 weeks and have not heard a thing, I emailed Premier Inn, no response.
We were also charged for breakfast and were told that under the Holiday Inn booking, this was included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier Inn AyrA77Racecourse is located just 3.5 Miles from Glasgow Prestwick International Airport and from some of the best historic Golf Courses in Scotland including Royal Troon and Turnberry. The hotel is just minutes drive away from Ayr Racecourse home of the Scottish Grand National and William Hill Ayr Gold Cup. We are also only 5 miles away from the Burns Birthplace Museum where you will see the birthplace of Robert Burns. Surrounded by the beautiful coastline of the Firth of Clyde with good access to Kilmarnock and Glasgow, our Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds and an onsite restaurant serving a mix of contemporary dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Ayr Hotel Ayr
- Ayr Holiday Inn
- Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Scotland