“Fine Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Glasgow Airport Hotel

You added Ramada Glasgow Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Ramada Glasgow Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Marchburn Drive | Glasgow Airport Business Park, Paisley PA3 2SJ, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Paisley
Scotland
“Fine Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

We booked this hotel through Superbreaks at the last minute due to weather conditions. We were flying at 9.00am the next day, but due to inclement weather decided to travel through the night before. We used the Park & Safe car park at Linwood and the driver dropped us off at the Ramada (he was very polite and helpful). Check in was easy and we were asked if we wanted a smoking or non-smoking room. The room was spotless and overlooked the car park. We were not aware of any noise and have no complaints whatsoever.....sorry, apart from the cost of drink in the bar!! The hotel provided us with transport (mini bus) to the terminal and was on time at 6.30am as requested. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Cumbria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

Stayed here while visiting the nearby Xscape ski dome( about 8 minute drive away) We are a family of four(2 teenage boys) paid £50, this included breakfast & free parking. I was a bit hesitant to book this, as there was a few negative reviews,but we found no major problems.

A FEW NEGATIVES.

Bit slow to check in.
Our children were on a camp bed, which was very squeaky.
The M8 was quite noisy, the airport noise was no problem.

THE POSITIVES

Handy for the airport.
Nice clean spacious rooms,bathroom modern & clean.
Lovely soft pillows.
Nice breakfast, very helpful staff (Robert i believe he was called)nothing too much trouble.
Quick checkout.

If going to to the airport, I would have no hesitation in staying at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Scotland, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

We stayed here in a twin room for 1 night on a B&B basis, the first contact we had with the hotel was via the free phone in the terminal to arrange transport, we were told where to wait but not that it would be 35 minutes in the cold and rain!! Given that the hotel is a mere 300 yards from the terminal!! We were going to walk but thought the minute we move they will arrive...
Got to the hotel, check-in was average, no eye contact and only interested in your credit/debit card for "incidentals". Told we had to book a table for dinner, found this amusing as at 8pm there were the sum total of 3 tables occupied. Dinner was reasonable, if not overpriced for what you got. The service was neither good or bad. The room we had was a twin, well it had 2 beds that were separated by about 8".... The mattress was disgusting, the pillows were like pancakes, the TV reception was questionable, the space in the room was completely minimal if there are 2 adults. The bathroom was ok, not the cleanest but was usable.
Breakfast was ok, buffet style with basic selections, checking out was a nightmare, one clerk on the desk with 12 people in a queue!!! Apology for the delay? NO. Again the credit card was required, they could not care seemed the general attitude, not saying I blame the staff, more the management who I did not see at any time.
In general, the place needs an overhaul, the staff need re-training and the rooms need some attention, there are other hotels in the area, so they need to realise that they are in competition. Would I stay there again? No as I don't feel it really is the place they advertise it to be.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

The management of Ramada Jarvis need to have a long, hard look at this hotel. The window in my room was not properly soundproofed against the adjacent M8 Motorway. The bathroom was far from spotlessly clean. The matress was absolutely appalling. The entire hotel needs a thorough clean. In short, this hotel is substandard. If travelling from Glasgow Airport stay at the Holiday Inn Express - it's much more convenient for the Terminal building.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Aberdeen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

We stayed at the "500M" from Glasgow Airport Hotel as we had an early flight to get next morning. We had travelled down from Aberdeen and wanted a good nights sleep. On arriving we were told that due to the hotel being busy I would need to take the car to an off site car park, We could do that the same night we arrived (we had an overnight bag we were going to leave in the car) so had to leave for the car park next morning. it appears they book you in the Linwood Airparks.
Got to the Room, nothing special. The Bedding stank of cigarettes. I did not realise you could still smoke in Hotel rooms. Sofa Bed very uncomfortable
We got up early next Morning (an hour earlier than planned) - Too early for Breakfast, as we now have to drive to Linwood. 15 mins to check out (two people in front of me paying by Credit card) the two staff did not seem to know how to process credit card payments.
I get to Linwood Airparks and hand over my car keys only to be told the Ramada have not sent through my parking details and so have to fill in a form again, AND pay them £5.00 to park my car. I am surprised 1) it is an Airpark and 2) I have already paid the Ramada for car parking.
I am told this is stated on their website, I cannot find this anywhere. Pay the £5.00 and get the bus back to the Airport.
So 500M from the airport ends up taking 50 minutes to travel and a lot of stress. (this is why location is marked down)
As i say - Never Again,

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Aberdeen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

My wife and I stayed in this hotel in Oct 2009. The reason being we had an early morning flight the following day for 1 week holiday. Two things attracted us to this hotel, first it is advertised as 500 yards from terminal and thinking we could walk to the the terminal in morning which proved to be impossible to do and you needed to take their mini bus transfer that costed £2.00 per person which had to make several trips because not everyone could not get on the first shuttle, this mini bus not only picks up from this hotel, so allow plenty of time....so much for there advert "the hotel is situated just 500 meters from airport and provides FREE PARKING" Which takes me too my next point the free parking...after parking my car in one of there 184 parking spaces asked the girl on reception if I leave my car keys with them. Then to be told no iI would have to move my car to an airpark 15 minutes away at a further cost of £21.00 for 7 days. After asking to speak to the manager who said to me with a could not care less attitude "yes it is free parking but only for the 1 night of your stay and tell me where it says it is for the duration of your holiday" Well tell me were it says only for the night of your stay and you will have to drive your to an airpark and repark your car. We also ordered an early morning call which we did not recieved when complaining in the morning only to find other people doing the same which the person on reception could offer no excuse.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

I have never stayed in hotel with staff as unhelpful and rude as those employed at this hotel. I had booked a triple, non-smoking room via the website. We had an early flight the following morning and just wanted to get our heads down to try to catch some sleep.

We had numerous issues checking in - we had booked car parking but it wasn't availble on site. We had to park off-site and on arriving at the offsite parking were told there was no booking in our name - the hotel "forgot" to fax our details and so on.

On arriving back at the hotel we then went to our room - it was a smoking room, smelt awful and looked and felt dirty. The sofa bed for my son was not made up. On pulling the bed out (trying my hardest to ignore the dubious stains on the sofa bed) we discovered a bare matteress and a very dirty quilt which I wouldn't have allowed my dog to sleep with. There was no extra linen or pillow in the room for the sofa bed nor were there towels for my son. On calling reception I was informed someone "would do what they could". Approximately 40 minutes later someone appeaerd with a sheet and a pillow. When I questioned what about the quilt - it was met with a shrug. About 20 mins later he came pack with a cover for the dirty quilt, when i asked about towels he said "here they are" pointing to single set of towels wrapped in a plastic bag. It wasn't until after he left the room we discovered this was actually the only set of towels for three people!

By then it was late, we had an early flight - the whole point of staying was to get sleep and I was getting more and more wound up - not the relaxing start to the holiday we had hoped for!

The shuttle bus in the morning was a joke, with everyone trying to cram on and a driver who rather than explain what he wanted people to do just wanted to shout when it went wrong.

This is my first experience of any Ramada Hotel - sadly it will also be my last.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Glasgow Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!