Myself, my wife, kids, sister and parents checked in on 01/02/2013 to this awful place , as they were flying next day. Clearly I was sad that I will be alone for few months. We booked three rooms and two breakfast. Breakfasts were reserved in my name and my fathers as the others opted not have a breakfast before flying.
The great Ramada Experience starts now;
_ Checked in at 21.30, I paid for all rooms £ 40 each, Additional £ 4 for parking as well. £ 6 each for breakfast
- 22.55 , Myself and father goes to reception and asks for the bar opening time. Mr Marcin (forgot his surname) guest manager says that it is open 24hrs. Bar counter is just opposite reception counter. We walk towards the counter which is unmanned. Sits there for about 5 minutes. No one turns up. All this while our manager can see that we are waiting to be served. I walk back to the reception were Mr Marcin is having a chat with lady receptionist. I ask him if anyone will turn up to serve? He says "Sorry ,we are very busy, will be with you shortly ". Fair enough, but I thought he should have just told me this as I was heading to the deserted counter in the first instance. But I just had a friendly conversation with manager and myself and father had a pint each. I thought this was just a one off incident.
- At 23.30 me and my sister goes down to reception to get a new key as my sister left her keys in the room. Mr Marcin was having a heated conversation with a customer over the phone. After the conversation he gave us new keys. Now I thought hmm..... not very great customer service, not just to me, others as well !!!!
- Went to bed to a cold shivering room, and a hard to slide glass window. Tiniest heater for a family room. Was very tired, after a four hour drive from Inverness. Slept anyway ....
- 6.30 am Me and my mother goes down to reception. Stands in front of reception. Same lady receptionist who was there last night. No good morning, no other questions, she asks for my room number. Then she spends few minutes on the computer and says "thats you, all done". I said, "no I am here to ask for the possibility adding two more breakfast to our booking and I also needed two toothbrush". She very kindly gave me two toothbrush and said you can pay for additional breakfasts if needed.
- 8.15 am myself and my father goes to restaurant to have breakfast to be encountered by a bullying staff. Again no good morning, asks for room number. Then he says you have not paid for your breakfast. "You have to pay for you breakfast". I explained to him that we have booked three rooms and two breakfast and paid last night. He kept on saying "you have not paid, you will have to pay". He just would not listen to me, won't look into my eyes., sounded very arrogant and rude. He seemed adamant to make me pay. He spoke to the same lady at reception who probably said that I have already paid. He then asks me to take my seat to have breakfast. Breakfast was awful. I have stayed in many hotels,the one I remember most is a stay in Hilton where I paid £ 40 for a room and a full English breakfast. The breakfast these people offer here at ramada is a mini breakfast which had some bread, butter, tea/ coffee, cereals , egg and bacon. Full breakfast costs £13.95. Anyway I was not fussed about the breakfast as I was thinking more about my wife and kids leaving me in few hours., which made me sad. After my breakfast the rude guy just leaves a bill of £13.95 on my table. I thought he was giving me a receipt for what I paid for. As I was walking out he encounters me saying that "you have not paid.You have to pay". I walked to the lady at reception and asked her "Whats happening here?" She said she will sort this out and then said that I can leave. She went and spoke to the guy at restaurant and told me that I can leave. No apologies from the guy at restaurant for insulting me to the core in front of others even after me paying. I didn't want any argument as I was more sad about my folks were leaving me. I walked out quietly
- 9.30 am we starting vacating room. My wife and father leaves first to the airport. I come back to collect others only to see a house keeping lady shouting at the top of her voice literally telling us to get out of that place. She kept saying, "technically you shouldn't be here". I told her that the check out time was 12.00 and it was only 10.30. She says that as per her record we have vacated the room. I asked her where did she get the info from. "From reception" she says. She also says"you have paid this morning and vacated". I said "I paid last night and I never informed reception that I am checking out". She calls reception only to know that the lady at reception ASSUMED!!!!!!!!!! that i was vacating when I went down in the morning to enquire about breakfast and toothbrush. House keeping lady kept saying "Technically you shouldn't be here". I thought in my mind "Yes i shouldn't have been here !!!!!!!". I told here it was the worst experience of my life and anyways I didn't want to obstruct her job and I will be leaving in 15minutes, which I did. As I gave the keys back the same lady at reception says "sorry for the confusion". I said "thats OK" , and just walked out.
MY GREAT RAMADA EXPERIENCE ENDS HERE LEAVING A HANDFUL OF BITTER EXPERIENCES. I AM FLYING ON 30TH MARCH, WILL I STAY AT THE SAME HOTEL..A BIG NO.... WILL I GO BACK TO ANY RAMADA HOTEL.... A BIG NO . But I will take this matter further because I beleive none of the staff at this hotel whom I dealt with are fit for there job. In this time of austerity and people finding hard to get a job, these people who have a job should be thankful and do justice to their job. I am not surprised, Trip advisor ranking for this hotel is 5/ 8. I believe it should be 8th position for there staff and worst customer service they offer.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.