We had booked one night at the Holiday Inn, Glasgow Airport, prior to flying out the next day for a week's vacation (booked directly via the Holiday Inn website). My wife and I arrived at reception around 9pm, gave our name, the receptionist checked her screen and informed us there was no reservation for us for that night. The receptionist then asked how we spelt our name - so we spelt it. She looked at her screen again and confirmed that there was "definitely" no reservation in that name for tonight. She suggested that we had come by mistake and that our reservation could be at the Holiday Inn Express around the corner.
Fortunately I had printed off our reservation confirmation e-mail. The e-mail was in our suitcase - so standing at reception we had to open up our suitcase, take out the paperwork and showed the reservation confirmation e-mail. "Oh!". With no explanation of what had happened we were checked-in and given our room key.
We went up to our room - inserted the key and opened the door. My wife went in first, fortunately did not put the light on - but in the gloom she could make out an open suitcase on the floor and a male body face-down in bed.
We beat a hasty retreat back to reception and explained what had happened "Oh dear ! Can we see your reservation confirmation". Again no explanation of how this had happened. Looked at our reservation confirmation and gave us the key for another room. Told "it's a bigger room". Yes - it was a room for disabled guests.
Next morning we came down to check out. We mentioned our experience of the night before - the receptionist was aware of it - apparently the occupant of our first room had made his views known.
And then the receptionist asked for £71 to settle the bill. So another shock. We said no - the room was prepaid. "Can we see your reservation confirmation."
This was becoming repetitive. For the third time during our stay we had to show the reservation confirmation e-mail.
So the bill was resolved as having been prepaid and we left.
And then it just got worse. On returning home I checked my credit card statement online to see how much I had spent during the vacation. The Holiday Inn had charged me the the £71. So I have paid twice for this dreadful experience.
Have since written to the Holiday Inn - they have apologised, advised that my additional £71 will be refunded and invited us back for a complementary night's stay (although I don't know if I'm brave enough to take up their offer).
However at the time of submitting this review - 6 weeks after our stay and 4 weeks after the apology from the Holiday Inn - no refund has been received.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport is the ideal Hotel for those on business or enjoying a holiday in Scotland. Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport is the closest hotel to Glasgow Airport and only 10 minutes from Glasgow City Centre where fabulous shopping and nightlife is in abundance, an ideal base for anyone enjoying a City Break or many of the City Key Attractions. Direct Motorway access provides quick and easy links to the major Tourist Attraction of Loch Lomond, The Trossachs, Stirling and Edinburgh. While the Golf Attractions of Troon & Ayrshire are also within easy reach. For guests who need Long Stay Car Parking, the Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport has superb Park Stay & Go Packages which include Great Value Secure Parking for upto 15 days. For the Corporate Business Traveller there is the added benefit of our Academy Meeting & Events Facility with a great range of services. Please select the Meetings & Business link at the top of this page for full details. Our IHG Rewards Club members can now enjoy FREE WIFI Access ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport Paisley, Scotland