My dad & I spent 3 wonderful days at Craigatin House in early November. Rooms 6 & 7 on the first floor were just lovely, and comfortable respite after our long days of touring the beautiful area. Our initial stay was to be just 2 days, but we very pleased with Craigatin House as well as the central location of Pitlochry.When Room 6 was not available for our 3rd night, I simply moved to Room 15, which was located in the former carriage house. The entrace to this room was from the outside, and is on the ground level which was fine with me, and again another beautiful room. This particular room was equipped with a handicapped accessible shower and two beds. Although the house was quite full during our stay, we rarely heard any other guests, and only saw others at breakfast or walking up the drive after dinner.
We walked to dinner each night a few blocks away and enjoyed the cool evening walk back to the house after eating. Auld Smittys was recommended by Martin and Andrea and we enjoyed the atmosphere and food there very much!
Our hosts, Andrea and Martin were very attentive to our questions and Martin shared a book of local history for us to read while at breakfast. And speaking of breakfast.... Andrea's breakfasts were just wonderful! We tried both the traditional as well as the tasty apple pancakes over our few days. My dad favored the porridge with whisky each day.
Our sincerest thanks for a warm, comfortable and friendly atmosphere for our stay in your lovely home. I hope to be able to see you again sometime in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Craigatin House & Courtyard Hotel Pitlochry
- Craigatin House And Courtyard
- Craigatin House & Courtyard Hotel
- Courtyard Pitlochry
- Pitlochry Courtyard
- Craigatin House & Courtyard Pitlochry, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded wooded grounds in the Highland Perthshire town of Pitlochry, Scotland. This beautiful early Victorian house has now been transformed into a boutique bed & breakfast, providing a unique blend of the traditional with the luxury of contemporary design. The individually designed spacious deluxe rooms all have comfortable six foot wide beds and are decorated with stylish fabrics and furnishings. All rooms have free Wi-Fi internet access, large LCD TVs, Freeview and DVD players. For special occasions, our luxury suite has all of the above with the addition of a private sitting room complete with ipod docking station, two large LCD TVs and DVD player. Breakfast is served in our brand new contemporary dining room, where you’ll also find our guest lounge, all centered around our large and welcoming log burning stove. Centrally located, private parking, a short walking distance from all Pitlochry restaurants and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Craigatin House & Courtyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.