The photos on the website suggest a wow factor and we had high expectations for our stay. Believe me, the reality is even more impressive! Martin and Andrea have done a beautiful job to upgrade and modernise. Everything is to a really high standard - and exceptionally clean.
A really prompt and personal email to acknowledge our booking gave a clue as to the great customer service. Friendly, but not intrusive.
The conservatory, with the breakfast room and guest lounge, is a fantastic space. And in February, the stove made it all the more welcoming. Comfy seating to chill out. Magazines and books available. Wifi if you want or need it.
Our energetic friends received excellent advice for their hill run and mountain bike routes. And we took heed of the restaurant recommendations too - excellent meals were enjoyed in both The Old Smiddy and Fern Cottage.
And while we're on the subject of food, the Craigatin breakfast is one of the best I've ever come across. Cereals, fresh fruit, porridge, omelettes, croissants, pancakes, full Scottish - no, I didn't eat them all, but what a fantastic choice and the quality was superb.
As for location, the Craigatin is within easy walking distance of all the shops, restaurants and amenities of Pitlochry centre and the beautiful walk down to the dam, fish ladder and theatre.
This was our third stay in Pitlochry and won't be our last. Now we've found the Craigatin, we'll look no further for our accommodation next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded wooded grounds in the Highland Perthshire town of Pitlochry, Scotland. This beautiful early Victorian house has now been transformed into a boutique bed & breakfast, providing a unique blend of the traditional with the luxury of contemporary design. The individually designed spacious deluxe rooms all have comfortable six foot wide beds and are decorated with stylish fabrics and furnishings. All rooms have free Wi-Fi internet access, large LCD TVs, Freeview and DVD players. For special occasions, our luxury suite has all of the above with the addition of a private sitting room complete with ipod docking station, two large LCD TVs and DVD player. Breakfast is served in our brand new contemporary dining room, where you’ll also find our guest lounge, all centered around our large and welcoming log burning stove. Centrally located, private parking, a short walking distance from all Pitlochry restaurants and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Craigatin House & Courtyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craigatin House & Courtyard Hotel Pitlochry
- Craigatin House And Courtyard
- Courtyard Pitlochry
- Pitlochry Courtyard
- Craigatin House & Courtyard Pitlochry, Scotland