We stayed four nights at the Wellwood in Pitlochry. It is a Victorian Country House B&B in about two acres with ample car parking, gardens, pond and stream. Excellent extension, can hardly see the join, and wonderfully atmospheric.
The location, about 3-4 minutes walk from the centre of Pitlochry is superb, and 10-15 minutes walk in the opposite direction takes you to Scotlands 'Pub of the year' in Moulin, with it's own Brewery. The Pitlochry Festival Theatre is about 15-20 minutes walk away.
On arrival, Maggi marked out on a map the main eating places in Pitlochry and then booked us in at 'The Old Armoury' for our evening meal on our first night.
Our room was clean, quiet and cosy.
Breakfast was served in the dining room. Another Victorian masterpiece of a room. The breakfast menu was extensive and if you didn't get exactly what you want, you hadn't asked properly! The residents lounge overlooked the lawns and tables and chairs outside. The honesty bar meant that you could have a drink whenever you wanted and at a fair price.
The Wellwood is just right for anyone touring the Pitlochry area. Jim and Maggi are excellent hosts with a pleasant sense of humour and eye for detail in what they offer.
- Also Known As:
- Wellwood House Hotel Pitlochry
- Wellwood House Hotel
- Wellwood House Pitlochry, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Scottish Baronial style Home, set in two acres of secluded gardens complete with reed bordered stream and just a five minute stroll from Pitlochry Town Centre, this Victorian Manor offers a warm welcome, excellent value accommodation with magnificent views down the Vale Of Atholl ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Wellwood House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.