I booked into a twin room on a spa break with my daughter, as i have been ill for nearly 3 years and this was a trip for her and i to have some relaxation. We booked in advance, about 6 weeks prior. When we booked we were told the Spa was busy on the Monday and we had to take the last two appointments on the day (Spa breaks staying on a Sunday, treatments must be taken on a Monday) We arrived on Sunday 20th and checked in. We asked if there were any cancellations that we could get treatments earlier in the day, we were told we could not as 1 lady had booked a whole 4 hours of treatments, 2 hours before lunch and 2 hours after. We told the hotel we were not happy that 1 person was able to book so much of the Spa time. Our room was ok, pretty basic and not a lot of room, but clean at least. On the Monday morning after breakfast we again checked there had been no cancellations, and asked the receptionist what we were to do as we had to book out of the room by 11am and we wanted to use the gym and pool, as we had to wait till 3pm for the 1st treatment. The receptionist said we had to book out but we could use the facilities. At the gym then we went into their lovely pool, however when we came out of the pool to shower, we discovered their was no shower gel or shampool to have a wash with (our suitcase was in the boot of the car). Then to top it off there was no hairdryer! We turned up at the Spa at the allocated time, to meet with a heavily pregnant therapist who announced that she could not do me a pedicure treatment or any of the treatments that my daughter wanted either. The purpose of our trip was a treat as i have been very ill. The therapist said the only treatment she could do was a back, neck and shoulder light massage (no use for me, as i have a frozen shoulder as well at the moment), or a head massage or a facial (both of which are no use to me as i have Giant Cell Arteritis and cannot allow anyone to massage that area because of headaches) She said if i lay on the bed she would file my toe nails and put polish on them. This seemed the only option for me, so i agreed. After i was done i sat for the whole time without socks or shoes on that it took for my daughter to get the back, neck and shoulder massage (which she says the whole time she could feel the therapists bump rubbing on her). Then i put my socks and shoes on and we came home, to find when i did get home, my socks had stuck to the big toes and it was a mess! Nothing like what a spa is supposed to be like, certainly not relaxing!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Scottish family hotel .5 mile from train/bus stations; in city centre; splendid views over Perthshire Hills & Lochs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Scotland's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scotland`s Hotel And Leisure Club
- Scotlands Hotel Leisure
- Scotlands Hotel Pitlochry
- Scotland's Hotel & Spa Pitlochry