We arrived on Saturday the 4th of Feb. We had been out doing stuff in the morning, so we were looking for some lunch to be told you don't serve lunch! I find this incredible being a so called 3 star hotel!
My girlfriend was then given the room key, she went to the room in a seperate building to find the TV didn't work, then returned to reception to be given a key for a room that was stinking of smoke!!! At this point she was told that the TV was fixed in the orignal room, so she went back and settled in. Then house keeping just decided to let themselves into the room without even knocking the door!!
She then went to the spa area to find that the jaccuzia was not working!
I then returned with friends to watch the rugby and have a beer, we waited 15 mins at the bar and eventually left when we couldn't find a memeber of staff.
That evening when we returned to the hotel, the TV still didn't work and then we discovered the toilet was broken! Honestly do the house keepers actually check these simply things? There was also red lipstick marks on the net curtains!
Breakfast in the moring was good until the kitchen staff decided to have a full arguement for the dinninig room to hear screaming at the top of there voices! Also you might want to remove have eaten jam pots from tables, and not expect the next person sitting there to use them!
On check out we were offered no discount or any sort of explaination. At this point I went to use the toilet by reception as the room toilet didn't work! I shut the door in the toilet to find used toilet papaer on the floor!! This is a complete disgrace and can't understand how your cleaning staff did not see this, or any staff members who do toilet checks!
Such a shame this hotel could be very nice.
(I did write a letter of complaint which took the hotel weeks to respond to, it pretty much summed up our experiance!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Scottish family hotel .5 mile from train/bus stations; in city centre; splendid views over Perthshire Hills & Lochs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Scotland's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scotland`s Hotel And Leisure Club
- Scotlands Hotel Leisure
- Scotlands Hotel Pitlochry
- Scotland's Hotel & Spa Pitlochry