Ideally situated right at the edge of town the Birchwood is an attractive looking building set in its own wooded grounds. The entrance hallway is almost baronial with its illuminatated display of copper plates and its immediate old world charm.
A large and bright lounge is situated adjacent to reception which offers comfortable seating and provides the opportunity to meet and chat with other guests. The downstairs dining room is again very bright and airy looking out to the gardens and woods.
Upstairs the old baronial theme is tastefully continued and almost transports you back to visiting a country family home. Our allocated room was very large with an ample amount of room to comfortably move about. Being an old building where in the past en suite was never heard of it must prove a bit of a nightmare to owners to achieve its construction. In our room this seemed to have been managed without intruding on room space. The bathroom itself was plain but spotless and adequate for our needs. My only comment was the room decor was quite bland. The introduction of a touch of colour would have transformed its appearance.
Breakfast and evening dinner were very good. The staggering of dinner times for guests ensured the meals were individually cooked to perfection. The menu itself provided a varied selection of really good quality.
This is, as previous contributors have noted, a very laid back relaxed establishment which for people like myself who are getting on a bit is ideal.The atmosphere is helped by the quite charming hosts who were always available to attend to your whims.
Being regular visitors to Pitlochry we have stopped at a few town hotels but this has been our best experience to date. Just one note of caution to you all however. In comparison to other areas, hotels in Pitlochry seem to be pretty expensive. Don`t drive away the many foreign tourists who enjoy the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enclosed by woodland and garden, the Birchwood Hotel provides quiet seclusion in a country-house atmosphere only minutes from the centre of Pitlochry, an ideal holiday location at the heart of Perthshire and Scotland. From the Birchwood there is easy nearby access to the wealth of scenic, historic, cultural, wildlife, sport and adventure opportunities which characterise Perthshire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Birchwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Birchwood Hotel Pitlochry
- Birchwood Pitlochry, Scotland