“Perfect- as always!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Killiecrankie House Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pitlochry
Killiecrankie House Hotel
You added Killiecrankie House Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Killiecrankie Hotel | Killiecrankie, Pitlochry PH16 5LG, Scotland   |
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Pitlochry
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Perfect- as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I just love this hotel. I discovered it almost three years ago ,staying for the first time as it was a good pit stop on the long drive between Nottinghamshire and my father's croft in Skye. It was also conveniently near the hallowed halls of The House of Bruar. I now never visit my father from January to March when Killiecrankie House Hotel is shut and aim to treat myself to a stay at least twice a year, more if I can. I have never experienced anything but the warmest welcome from Henrietta and her team,superb food and beautiful surroundings within and without. My black Labrador Hector also gives it a resounding endorsement- the walk down the Falls is within a stone's throw of the hotel- and of course there is Beanie whose toys can be purloined and sniffed. One of my all time favorite hotels and the new sitting room is divine.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Killiecrankie, Owner at Killiecrankie House Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
We always love to see you, both of you or all of you on your journeys to and from Skye and I apologise for taking so long to acknowledge your very kind review! I am also thrilled that you like the newly primped sitting room!

Come again soon, bringing one or both of your faithful companions!

With lots of thanks from all of us at Killiecrankie

Henrietta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We've just returned from a sadly too short stay at Killiecrankie House, where we had a fantastically relaxing overnight stay.

Henrietta and her team made the stay as idyllic and perfect as usual. From us relaxing in the newly appointed lounge enjoying a quiet drink and our books, to a fantastic evening meal, prepared by Mark and his brigade (I'd highly recommend the coconut rice pudding, with mango and lime salad which forced my fiancee into desert envy), brought to perfection by the opportunity to enjoy a wee glass of Vidal Ice Wine, which instantly brought back memories of our trip to Toronto.

We stayed in room 9 (seems to be our lucky room as we've always managed to get it when staying) and we slept like logs in the incredibly comfortable bed. The view from the window over the garden with the hllls in the background, both gladdens the heart, and also makes you a wee bit sorry you don't see it every morning.

Visting Killiecrankie is less like visiting a hotel than it is visiting family and being made to feel at home from the start.

The epitome of relaxed, warm, Scottish hospitality at it's very best!

Room Tip: We've always stayed in Room 9 and would recommend it for it's view over the garden and hills...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
It's as kind of you to have written such a lovely review as it is remiss of me to have taken so long to answer it. Thank you so much from all of us. We really enjoyed seeing you again and just to make you a little jealous, I had that dessert last night which Mark has tweaked, adding more lime and the result is to die for!

Come back soon - although we love all our guests, we particularly like returning ones!!

With best wishes from all the team at Killiecrankie
Church Stretton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We really enjoyed our one night stay at The Killiecrankie Hotel. We had chosen this hotel as it seemed an ideal place to break our journey to NE Scotland and we wanted somewhere a little more special as it was my birthday and our wedding anniversary. Reviews were all very positive too and our experience certainly supports them. Communications prior to arrival were very encouraging - friendly and thoughtful and Henrietta and her lovely staff maintained this throughout our stay. Our room was warm, comfy and extremely clean and tidy. There was a selection of good teas and freshly ground coffees as well as home cooked biscuits in the room. I really liked the Arran Aromatic toiletries - nice to discover a new range of smellies! We thoroughly enjoyed dinner especially the perfectly cooked venison fillet and appreciated the wine matching for the main course. Breakfast was excellent particularly the lovely porridge and certainly set us up for the journey further north. The hotel is quietly situated in a stunning location with lovely walks just seconds away - hard to believe the A9 is also just a few minutes away. We would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Killiecrankie, Owner at Killiecrankie House Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a delightful review of your stay. We so enjoyed meeting you and I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience from booking to departure.

Do come again, and for longer next time - we will try to make that feeling last!

With very best wishes from

Henrietta and the Killiecrankie team
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We dropped in for lunch having heard that the food had a good reputation. The food was good, portion size good, presentation good and ingredients well prepared. Evening dining is apparently in a nice dining room, but our lunch was in a sun lounge. We were seated close by another table of four in an otherwise empty lounge. As there was no music their conversations overpowered our experience. Thankfully we found diversion from the birds feeding outside.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Killiecrankie, Owner at Killiecrankie House Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. I am sorry you were disappointed in the setting. We always serve lunch in the Bar Conservatory and when I had a chat with your wife at Reception, she never mentioned that you were unhappy so I apologise for missing that. When you booked, you did so with such authority that I assumed that you had been before and knew what to expect.

We make a point of not having music and for most people that is a positive. I recall that you chose us on the strength of Relish Scotland - that entry is based solely on the main restaurant which is a much more formal experience and only open in the evenings.

Again, I apologise if we fell short of your expectations and hope you might join us again at some point to experience the restaurant.

Henrietta Fergusson
Insch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband & I along with our 2 dogs had a 3 night Christmas package at the Killiecrankie Hotel. From the minute we arrived Henrietta and her team made us feel very welcome (not forgetting Beanie)
Our ground floor suite was super with all the facilities we needed and large enough to spread out.
We enjoyed all the festivities, great food, champagne and various activities that made for a great few days.
Henrietta was a superb host and was very helpful when one of our dogs fell ill!
We will certainly be back at some point this year and would love to return again for the Christmas or New Year celebrations!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Killiecrankie, Owner at Killiecrankie House Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
We loved having you, and the mini dachshunds for Christmas and I am so sorry that your happy time was marred with worry about the dogs. I do hope they have recovered by now.

Do come and see us again - when we have finished our seasonal break which I have to confess to thoroughly enjoying! - and in the meantime, have a happy and healthy new year.

With best wishes

Henrietta and all at Killiecrankie
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We are up in the area for New Year and decided to eat here and went for a meal on Sunday evening. So glad we did. We even donned the kilts to really go to town and treat ourselves to a nice night. From the minute we arrived we were made very welcome by the staff and yea the lovely wee spaniel dog. Such a cutey. The menu had a good selection of dishes. I have eaten many a good meal but have to say this rates highly, in fact one of the best I have enjoyed. My starter of wild mushrooms and venison was so tasty, but for me the beef medallion's were truly cooked to perfection for me. The beef just melted in the mouth, yumms. We also enjoyed the recommended wine to go with our main dish, and it was spot on, thanks. Pudding was equally good and we loved the cheese board selection. The staff serving were very attentive and the pace of the meal was just right. We did not feel rushed and did not feel we had long wait between courses. So thanks to the girls serving and of course to the chef for a fabulous meal. This was maybe our first time here but it will not be our last.
All the best for 2014 from Mike & Stu - the kilted ones

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Killiecrankie, Owner at Killiecrankie House Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Wow - and a Happy New Year to you too - Thanks so much for such a cracking review! We enjoyed having you with us, on a relatively quiet night too (it turns out the calm before the storm!) and I am so glad you enjoyed the experience too.

have a very happy 2014 and we shall look forward to seeing you sometime after we open again in March.

With best wishes from Henrietta, the spaniels and the Killiecrankie team
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My very last-minute booking turned out to be the gem of my Highlands weekend. As soon as I spoke to Henrietta I knew I had found a welcoming home from home for the night and arriving in the pitch dark to be met by the happy, smiling and 'tartaned' team was a sight for sore eyes after the dark wet roads. My room was cosy and perfect for one and a perfectly balanced g&t set the scene for an absolutely delicious dinner - each course an explosion of wonderful tastes. Henrietta has chosen the decor and designed the surroundings so sensitively that each area has its own particular atmosphere which one immediately feels comfortable and relaxed in and creates a great sense of bonhomie My before-breakfast hike in the extraordinary autumn light onto the adjacent Killiecrankie pass was energising & glorious. The breakfast that followed just added to a very strong sense of well being. I cannot wait to get back and visiting Henrietta and her team should be on every Highlands itinerary - it certainly is now at the centre of mine!

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor directly above the ground floor rooms. Being an old house, noise natu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Killiecrankie, Owner at Killiecrankie House Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your stunningly good review. I am so pleased that you made that last minute decision and loved our little hotel so much. But I am horrified to note that you didn't get a very good night's sleep. I don't know what was going on as we have never had noise comments before and you had only a single person in each of the rooms below you. So I am sorry, but delighted that it didn't detract form your enjoyment.

Really look forward to seeing you here again before too long.

With every good wish from us all - Henrietta

Been to Killiecrankie House Hotel? Share your experiences!