“Nice cozy interior, shame about the attitude” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 47 Restaurants in Pitlochry
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: McKays Pitlochry is a traditional Scottish pub and live entertainment venue serving the finest local produce, ales and premium spirits as well as showcasing the best local, national and International acts. It is open from noon each day till late every night and is a true alternative destination in the Scottish social scene.For more information on the full music and entertainment programme click herePitlochry's great value pub entertainment and food venue at McKays bar and restaurant we are becoming well known for our steaks and pub classics like fish and chips and steak and ale pie. We serve a variety of dishes to cater for every ones tastes. Each day we have a special promotion. Food is served from early to late.McKays Bar and Restaurant are delighted to announce that there is WiFi on the premises for all customers' use.While in the pub you can watch sports, listen to live musicians or join in our themed nights, which we run through out the year. We also hold a late license that allows you to party on into the early hours to live music, and the sounds played by our resident D.J Hen parties, sports tours and clubs are all welcome.About McKays Scottish Bar and RestaurantMcKays has been providing hospitality for over a hundred years, we pride ourselves on our service and quality. In recent times we have refurbished our bar and restaurant area, making it an ideal place to relax, eat and be entertained for young and old, whilst enjoying true Scottish hospitality.
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Nice cozy interior, shame about the attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Was going to eat here but in the end just stayed for a pint. The barman gave me such an evil look and seemed to just want me to disappear. I noticed that some of the food servers as they passed by also appeared to be sullen. Something has gone horribly wrong with the management in this place. Nonetheless, the live music was great, and the interior of the place is very tasteful and cozy. Now, if they could only fix the staff...

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
Dundee
“Live Scottish Music!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Mrs B and I didn't sample the food but popped in for a late drink to sample the live music. The drinks weren't that competitively priced but the place had not too bad an atmosphere. There was live Scottish music but we felt that it catered too much for foreign tourists and to liven the music up the band could have played some more 'modern' stuff. It's always good to hear live music tho' and we sat for a while in the comfy seats watching the Ryder Cup. Relaxing and would go again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Superb wee place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Fantastic food, best macaroni I've had!! Good selection of beers and nice atmosphere. Would defo recommend.

Visited September 2012
perthshire
“Not coming back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My mom was up visiting, so I took her to MacKays so she could taste something Scottish, but we were very disappointed. They are absolutely not vegetarian-friendly, I had a baked potato for lunch cause they had nothing else I could eat. My mom ordered the biggest piece of meat they had (I think it was a steak), and we were both shocked when the plate arrived, cause it was so small it looked ridiculous in such big plate. The chips were frozen and it took them like 45 minutes to make/bring the food, even though the place was almost empty. the staff members we met weren't friendly or welcoming at all and we didn't feel right.

A bad experience over all...

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Unimpressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Chose this place as I was looking forward to a traditional music session. On the night this had been cancelled and despite me checking when I arrived at the pub to order dinner I was told everything was going ahead as planned. We ordered the steak dinner with the wine deal. Had read the reviews before but thought I'd go for it as pub grub is great. Steaks were tough and tiny. Sauce something randomly creamy. The wine was lovely though.We had a bottle of the Italian red. Meal way overpriced wished we'd gone to the chippy. I could have coped with the above if the staff were fun and friendly. Really all anybody wants on a night out is a bit of craic. But staff disinterested verging on rude. I won't be back. perhaps we were unlucky as other folk have said MacKays normally have a good atmosphere. But Staff here really need to learn what customer service is. One of the Door staff was lovely. Don't know his name but he studied in Dundee. You could learn from him. There are a couple of tables outside if you wanted a drink on warm day would be nice to watch world go by.

Visited August 2012