“Save your cash - dog but not child friendly” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 46 Restaurants in Pitlochry
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Save your cash - dog but not child friendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited this pub based on recommendation of a friend. On arrival looked cosy enough. Found a table near the bar & spent 5mins or so wrestling with an uncooperative high chair. Had a browse of menu which looked fairly expensive for pub lunch. On ordering at the bar a good 10mins after arriving & getting drinks we were told the baby couldn't be at the bar (a rather cowardly manager had told the barman to tell us to move). The place was busy & no other seats so no option but to drink up & leave!! I understand we may have been breaking licensing laws by being in bar area with child but for goodness sake manager have the courtesy to politely ask us to move 10feet of so to another table & I'm sure you could have accommodated us until a table came free. I'm sure the local police aren't that unreasonable! Why did you wait 10minutes & sell us drinks when we werent welcome??
We then went to the old mill inn in Pitlochry & couldn't have got a better reception. Our toddler was made welcome too .

Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Really nice food and a warm comfortable atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Having spent the day in Pitlochry decided to visit the Moulin Inn (attached to the hotel) for lunch. On a cold day the open fire created a warm welcoming atmosphere and the staff were very friendly. The meal we had was very good, a beef stew in an individual Yorkshire pudding, all homemade and not a "ding chef" in site. I noted a previous review who claimed the food was very expensive. I'm afraid I disagree, the average prices for a starter was about £4, main meal was around £8.95 with a sweet around £3.50. They also cater for children. The prices were pretty much the same as any restaurant in the area and to be honest we looked at some of the menus on the main street in Pitlochry and most were pretty average fare . Fish and chips, burgers and steak pie. The Moulin provided an extensive menu with something for everyone. I would definitely recommend a visit if you are in the area. there is also a small brewery next door which merits a wee visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leven, United Kingdom
“Great pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Ate in here after a hike up Ben Vrackie. Firstly the inside and inside of the inn are lovely and traditional with wood furnishings and no plastic in sight and a cosy log fire you can sit next to. As for the food, I had deep fried chicken in batter and my girlfriend had mince and tatties, both meals came in at around the £8 - £10 pound mark, were substantial and great for pub food. For the price you couldn't ask for more. There was a quite varied menu as well and a children's menu which was for children up to twelve. I would also recommend their own ales which they brew in a brewery behind the inn. I can't recall what ale I had but it was the strongest one on the list and it was amazing.

I would definitely recommend the moulin hotel for a bite to eat, especially if you've just been up Ben Vrackie as its a great place to relax afterwards and it right at the end of the walk.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Please read this review and take note”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am a local and have been to this pub before ... 6 years ago. But it will be at least another 6 years before I go back. It's just too expensive and too poor value. If their dishes were half the price then it would be fine. But I won't spend a hundred and forty pounds on a pub lunch for four... its obscene. And only for the tourists.
The choise for children is rubbish and unhealthy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lanark, United Kingdom
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Oldy worldy and great home made food served next to log fires and husband liked the beer brewed next door

Visited March 2013