“The wrost b&b of ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 54 Perth B&B and Inns
Rome, Italy
“The wrost b&b of ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Our room was the worst I ever seen in my life!!! We saw a lot of b&b all around the Scotland but I've never seen before such a orrible room like that !!!

The sheets were brown and dirty .. there were hairs inside them .. !!!! There were awful pillows and very unconfortable!!!

My first thought when i saw it was: let's run away immediatly from here!!!

Never ever again in my life!!!

I suggest to anyone to do not go there... NEVER!!!

I wanted to leave a message for all the people that use this website to have informations about the structure you are going to book! Like i always do!

I was so dissapointed that i've neither took a picture!!!

My opinion is: Terrible! Terrible ! Terrible !

Do not go there..please! you would waste your holiday!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
AuldManse, Owner at Auld Manse Guest House, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
The Auld Manse prides itself in providing clean, comfortable and affordfable accommodation. I am sorry to hear that in the case of Frederica's stay we fell below our standards.

We take all complaints seriously and I have brought the matter of the bed linen to the attention of the professional laundry company used by the Auld Manse and also the staff who prepare the bedrooms for each new guest.

I believe this was an isolated incident as no previous guests have raised these matters with me personally or through online reviews. In fact, the Auld Manse has a high level of repeat business from extremely satisfied customers.

It would have been appreciated if Frederica had made her concerns known to me at the time of her stay. I well remember chatting to her at the time of check-out and there was no suggestion that she had an unpleasant stay. In fact her boyfriend went out of his way to come back into the house after packing their car to shake my hand. This is not the behaviour of someone as deeply dissatisfied as Frederica's review suggests.

It does surprise me, if things were as bad as Frederica says in her review, that she did not request an alternative room or a change of bed linen. In similar circumstances I, like most people, would have been extremely vocal about my concerns. In fact, I firmly believe that she has confused the Auld Manse with another guest house she stayed in whilst in Scotland.

Future guests should rest assured that our aim of providing clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation will be maintained.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Morpeth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Our room was clean with a shower, basin and toilet. White bed linen and towels - remade beatifully everday. Breakfast was well cooked to order - you can always tell by the eggs! Porridge his speciality! Definite recomemndation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I spent 6 nights here and used Perth as my base to visit Edinburgh and the Festival, it was great, comfortable, very clean, great , tasty and ample breakfast, it was well placed over the river and easy walk into town and alco very close to the bus stop. Thanks Alan, I felt welcomed and very much at home.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed three nights travelling around Perth in July this summer. We're pleased to have found such a clean room with a rich breakfast. The only B & B that offers three pieces of bacon!!!!! We really appreciate the baked beans in a special small bowl.

The host is extremely friendly, helpful and informative. He gave us good advice. We also enjoyed chatting with such a learned man who has given us a lot of information and knowledge about Scotland. We definitely come back to Auld Manse when we visit Perth next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
edinburgh,scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

My wife & I stayed here for 2 nights in May as part of a touring holiday.I can say that this was by far the best value B&B we stayed in during our trip.The room was spotlessly clean & contained everything you could want . The breakfast was excellent & cooked to order.The location was so convevient for walking into Perth town centre so that we could leave our car at the house.
All in all,I thoroughly recommend this house for excellent value & the warm welcome we received - we will be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Stayed at the Auld Manse twice now when travelling further north. Place is clean, rooms are well kitted out and the breakfast is quite scrummy!

Room Tip: Only used the single room but it was fab!