“Outstanding and homely BnB” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dalvey Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perth
Dalvey Bed & Breakfast
You added Dalvey Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
55 Dunkeld Road, Perth PH1 5RP, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 54 Perth B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
UK
“Outstanding and homely BnB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was looking for somewhere to base myself 3 nights a week, all year round and I have to say that I could not ask for better, the standards and quaity of accommodation and service are in my opinion second to none.

John and Jane (owners) are excellent hosts and go that extra mile to make sure your stay is one which will leave you wanting to return - nothing is to much trouble.

The breakfasts are cooked to order and are quite simply - yummmmmmmy.

The room I have been allocated is always in pristine condition, it is spacious and ticks all the right boxes :-)

I have been staying at The Dalvey for 5 weeks now and as long as John and Jane are running the place, I will not be looking elsewhere.

If you are looking for a warm, homely and exceptional high standards of service/value for money, then look no further - stay at The Dalvey :-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Inverness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I am continually surprised and delighted with the quality of service provided by Jane and John. I've reached a stage in life that when I stay away from home the accomodation must be comfortable and friendly. So handy for local restaurants and for the gym.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here 2 years ago and when I arrived I found it under new management.John and Jane were very welcoming just what you need after a long journey.I had a twin en suite room which was,spacious, spotless and decorated lovely.The en suite was absolutely pristine and very spacious.They provided me with information about all the local eateries and amenities and discussed my breakfast needs.They made sure all my needs were catered for including a jar of coffee so I had a constant supply without having to count the satchets this was on top off the tray that was provided upon my arrival loaded with lovely biscuits and the afore mentioned hot coffee.The bed was very comfortable and once I climbed into it it wasn,t long before I was in the land of nod.Breakfast was absolutely huge and featured local produce.It was hot and very tasty with everything you could want and more.If you weren,t full after that there was toast,cereal and fresh fruit .I travel all around the country and have stayed in many B&B,s and have never wrote a review about any of them but felt I needed to share this little jewel, this home from home would highly recommend this as a FIVE STAR experience.A big Thank You to John and Jane next time I,m in Perth I,ll be heading straight to you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed with John and Jane at the Dalvey and we couldn't have asked for more knowledgable, gracious and attentitive hosts. Our room and en suite washroom were impeccable and had a lovely view of the garden (which was beautiful even covered in snow). The breakfast was bountiful and delicious and we were able to learn about a lot of things to do in Perth and the surrounding areas over a lovely chat with our hosts. They even gave us a ride to the station when it was time for us to go. An overall wonderful experience with truly wonderful and genuine people. I would hope that anyone travelling to or through Perth would jump at the opportunity to stay at such a gem.

• Stayed January 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

John and Jane have done a great job of remodeling this B & B....and you can feel their pride in the place. The room we stayed in was quite large and the bathroom was spotless and very modern. We stayed there for three nights and were not disappointed at all. They were most accommodating. Breakfast was great....and more than enough food to last us all day! We couldn't have asked for better hosts. Be sure to get good directions....it is right on a main road and although getting there is fairly easy, it does blend in with the other B & Bs in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My partner and I stayed one night on 5 January. On arrival, John and Jane greeted us with a warm, friendly welcome. They took a lot of time and trouble to discuss our breakfast and packed lunch requirements and show us around our en-suite double room. To add to this, we were provided with a tray of freshly brewed tea and biscuits; a lovely touch!
The room was fantastic; clean, fresh and bright, having been recently modernised with everything you could wish for (we were shown the other rooms yet to be modernised: they were also of a very high standard and we would have been equally happy to stay there).
Advice was readily given on places to eat that evening and next day, unasked, John printed out a map of Perth for us and, as we had shown an interest in taking a walk, a list of various walks around Perth.
The breakfast range and quality was superb; we stuck to the fresh fruit and yoghurt and a hearty cooked breakfast. The packed lunch was equally huge and enjoyable!
We rarely write reviews but as this B&B was of such excellence and value for money we were prompted to do so. John and Jane were the ideal hosts and could not have done any more for us.

We will definitely return!

Carolyn & Dave

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed with Jane and John Scott at their Dalvey Bed and Breakfast for four days in October 2012 during which time I was attending a National Conference taking place in Perth.
I was well 'looked after' at the Dalvey and very happy with what was provided.
My room and its en suite facilities were spotless.
Breakfast was all you could wish for ( i.e. simply say the day/night before what you would like and it will be provided ).
I have no hesitation in recommending Jane, John and 'the Dalvey' - they run a first class Bed and Breakfast.
Indeed I have just recently booked to stay with them again for another 4 days this October (2013)

Norman M.

Room Tip: My Room was No.2 at the front and it was fine. I did not inspect the other Rooms but have every con...