“Mercure Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Perth Hotel

You added Mercure Perth Hotel to your Saves list
Mercure Perth Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   West Mill Street, Perth PH1 5QP, Scotland (Formerly Ramada Perth Hotel)   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Perth
Perth
“Mercure Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I found the staff in the hotel very good the hotel is fine but some of the toilet s/bathrooms are a bit tired looking but I only stay overnight . On the whole the hotel is central for everything. My husband is in hospital in Perth , I feel the rooms are a bit pricey when you are only staying one night or two and no breakfast included

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Mercure P, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Perth Hotel.

We appreciate your feedback, and I have passed your comments over to our Maintenance Manager who will look into the issues.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours sincerely,

Guest Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel was lovely - and perfect for one night while visiting Perth for a wedding. The bar area was great, the breakfast was incredible (and served until 12noon on a Sunday which was amazing!) and the room was really nice. However, the bathroom was quite dated and my shower wouldn't move up the pole and was perpetually turned to the side! It wasn't too bad for me, as I'm only 1.5m, but my husband is considerably taller and the shower didn't work so well for him. Bizarrely, while the room was great, it didn't have any electricity points! It had ONE for the TV, so we had to unplug the TV in order to charge phones and use my straighteners! it wasn't a problem to unplug the TV as we weren't using it, but it was so bizarre to have a desk in front of the mirror, but no power point within shouting distance! Other than that, it was fine. Very good value for money and great location, but the bathroom just needed a bit of work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Perth Hotel,.

Yours sincerely,

DUNDEE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The overall impression of the Reception and Dining areas are that they are very dark which on a dull and dreary Sunday morning is not what you want to see.

However, that said the staff polite and helpful; the breakfast buffet was plentiful and apart from an undercooked croissant was very good - especially the coffee.

The bedroom was clean and very comfortable - my only complaint as always these days is the lack of a biscuit or 2 to have with the complimentary tea and coffee. The room also seemed to be very hot yet the radiator was not on so we had to have the window open all the time - fortunately the room was in a quiety location.

The bathroom was clean and the complimentary toiletries of a good quality but the bath needs to be refurbished or replaced as do the wall tiles (large chunk of one missing and has been replaced with grouting). The shower was dangerous though because the temperature dial did not work and the water was so scalding hot you could not stand under it! The on-off dial was also so stiff that with my arthritic hands (mild) I could not turn it so was dependent on my husband this for me!

A previous reviewer mentioned problems with accessing the internet - you can do so for free but at a very slow speed - if you pay extra you can get faster speed in the bedrooom. I think you may be able to get WIFI downstairs in the bar area but not 100% sure.

The one thing however, that was really bad was 2 bags of dirty laundry left lying outside, for at least 18 hours, what I later discovered was a room for housekeeping on our floor. By the Sunday morning these bags were starting to smell!

Room Tip: Only 2 floors so perhaps request one on the second floor so that you do not get noise coming down fr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mercure P, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will pass on your comments to all team members which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are in the process of getting our wifi changed to be free in all bedrooms and due to this we have experienced a few technical issues. I will look into the issues you have mentioned and speak with the relevant departments to make sure that this does not happen again

I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth Hotel in the near future.

Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Or do you, this is not a cheap hotel, but it is no more than average when it comes to amenities and service.
How difficult is it to install wifi? Well apparently it is in Perth, it is of course available in the dining area, as a seasoned traveller I should have known that unfortunately I think MERCURE may just have missed the point, if a hotel of this standard was over in France the room rate would be significantly less how they can justify their prices takes some understanding, sorry not impressed, just very very average my own fault I didn't consult Trip advisor..

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mercure P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013

We are in the process of making all of the hotel free wifi but due the building being so old we have encountered a lot of problems and hopefully we will have the issues all sorted out and have our wifi up and running in the next few weeks.

I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future and if you decide to do so please contact me directly as I would welcome the opportunity to apologise in person.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Lovely hotel very gentle feel 2 it, the breakfast was as good as i have had for a long time (buffet ) the waiter was very attentive for our table, dont think he gets much sleep as he was carrrying tables about late the night before yet really friendly and seems 2 enjoy what he does.a rare quality indeed. thank you for a pleasent stay .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff were friendly, the location is in close proximity to Perth City Centre and the breakfast was good too. The rooms could certanly do with an upgrading but the beds were comfy and for the price you pay its not too bad. Would stay again if visiting Perth.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future.

Aberdeen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

There is free parking at this city centre hotel which is one of the few good points we could find. The receptionists were helpful and friendly and checking in was effortless. We went to the bar for a drink only to be told there was no draught beer as the pipes were being cleaned. (At 3.00 on a Saturday afternoon?)

Our room was of a reasonable size but in need of decoration. There was a tea and coffee making facility in the room. The bathroom was very cramped and the grouting on the shower tiles was badly in need of attention as it was filthy. We only had one hand and bath towel provided.

The bed was very comfy and the only thing that ruined a good sleep was the level of noise given the paper thin walls and squeaky floorboards.

Whilst £45 for rom only appears reasonable the hotel needs to look at the state of the rooms as they are badly in need of attention (or at least ours was!)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mercure P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013

I will pass on your comments to all team members and I am sure they too will be disappointed to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept our apologies. I have passed your comments over to out Maintenance and Food & Beverage Service Managers to look into the issues you have mentioned,

Guest Care Manager

Been to Mercure Perth Hotel? Share your experiences!