“Welcoming and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Perth Hotel

You added Mercure Perth Hotel to your Saves list
Mercure Perth Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   West Mill Street, Perth PH1 5QP, Scotland (Formerly Ramada Perth Hotel)   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Perth
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Welcoming and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Me and the work colleagues have been staying in the Mercure for the past 6 weeks and we thought it was a great time staying there as we would usually get together in the lounge area to sit back and have a good chat with each other and use the free wi-fi available to you. Also would like to mention, ALL of the staff are very welcoming and friendly, they're very nice people. The food there is delicious and the room that you stay in has a comfortable bed and a decent selection of television channels.

Due to the fact Mercure is pretty much a 2 minute walk away from the town centre, there is a huge variety of attractions around it such as the cinema house, the shopping centre and what I'd recommend the most, Bell's Sports Centre. As for night life, being relatively young, The disco bar known as 'The Loft' is very good and the bars around it are really nice. Been there for that long at the Mercure and not once, have I been bored.

Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will pass on your comments to all team members which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Chris Charalambous

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at the Mercure on Fri the 31st August. We were very happy with the room, very comfortable bed, and very central. There was a farmers market the next day which we enjoyed browsing. We would definately stay in this hotel again. We ate at a lovely chinese restaurant just minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012

I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future and if you decide to do so please contact me directly as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you for your review in person

North Lanarkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Although this was a one night stay the experience was excellent, the staff at the reception, in the bars and restaurant could not have been any more helpful. No complaints with the food dinner and breakfast was very good, rooms were clean and modern.
Would certainly recommend it

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012

Littleborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I booked this hotel on a 3 night KGB deal and what a deal it was. The hotel is located bang in the centre of Perth with free parking. The rooms are a little tiered but they are clean with a very comfy bed. I slept like a log every night. The shower isn't very good but then for the price I paid I had little to complain about.

Breakfast is excellent but at the weekend you may have to wait for a table as most people tend to arrive at the last minute and then all tables are in use, This is not unique as this has happened at various hotels were I have stayed and the answer is get up earlier!

The staff are very friendly and welcoming and go out of their way for you. Me and my hubby were the only non Scots in the hotel but we found the Scots a very friendly bunch.

If it is raining go to the art gallery and museum. Loads to see and do. Very interesting. You must go to the Bothy for a meal. Lovely place, lovely food and staff and live music Fri/Sat.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed one overnight in this hotel. The room was clean and very comfortable with a super king size bed. There was a problem with the bath taps, the hot tap was not working and did not produce any water. When we informed reception, they arrived promptly and when they realised it could not be repaired immediately, offered us a change of room. We did not fancy moving so they gave us the use of the bath next door ( no one was staying in that room that night).
Breakfast was lovely, the staff were helpful and friendly and the food was delicious.
We would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a "last minute type" voucher so were very happy with the price. The room was very...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012

Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the Mercure Perth Hotel on Saturday 6 October. The rooms were excellent, clean and well decorated. All the staff were very friendly and helpful especially at reception and in the restaurant. We dined in the hotel, only criticism was the restaurant was very quiet so lacked a bit of atmosphere. I think I'd advise to eat in the bar area as it was much livelier. Breakfast very good and staff very attentive. Overall a great hotel and very good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012

greenock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

me and my wife stayed there recently food was excellent and staff were very helpful we hope to go back as we found the hotel very nice they even the sweets on the tables were good. we found perth very good for eating out and shoping .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am glad to see that you are planning to return to Perth and once you have decided the date of your next visit please contact me directly as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you for your nice comments in person.

Chris Charalambous

Been to Mercure Perth Hotel? Share your experiences!