“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Perth Hotel

You added Mercure Perth Hotel to your Saves list
Mercure Perth Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   West Mill Street, Perth PH1 5QP, Scotland (Formerly Ramada Perth Hotel)   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Perth
glasgow
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Really enjoyed our overnight stay at this hotel. Modern decor thoughout complete with flat screen tv in the room, big comfortable beds and blackout curtains. A nice modern cosy bar downstairs with unique quirky features. The room was clean and the staff were helpful. The location is ideal too as it is right in the city centre but also in a quiet street so not noisy at all. Easy reach of lots of shops and bars and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.
I will pass on your comments to all team members which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future. Please contact me directly once you have a date in mind as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you in person for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Chris Charalambous

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Had a good experience during a recent 2 night stay. A very nice hotel with a good breakfast - nice to see the history being made a feature of (the water running underneath could be seen via glass panels)

A few members of our party found the lack of lift a bit difficult, and if someone could do something about the world's squeakiest floor board in the room above Room 14 that would be great!

Parking was no problem at all and the location was very easy for access to Perth. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Choose the ground floor if you have mobility problems
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2012

We have some plans in place to refurbish some of the areas of the hotel and I will bear in mind your comments whilst we are finalising our plans.

I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future. Please contact me directly once you have a date in mind as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel is good and the staff very nice, enjoyed breakfast, but I am afraid the floorboards above my room were very squeaky and it annoyed me intensely. The toilet was good and the fitments looked quite new but the furniture in the good sized bedroom was chipped and detracted from the overall good experience. You cannot get digital radio on the tv which was also disappointing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Is a shame to see that the floorboards, have in a way, over-shadowed what would have been an excellent stay. Judging from your comments and rating we have some work to do towards fixing this issue and I am pleased to inform you that our maintenance team have been working on this matter today and I am hoping that by the end of the day this matter will be dealt with.
At the same time I would also like to thank you for the nice and kind comments relating the staff of the hotel and the breakfast.
I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future. Please contact me directly once you have a date in mind as I would welcome the opportunity to firstly thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback and secondly show you the difference your comments have made.
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Mercure Hotel in Perth, Scotland, for three nights in July. Although this hotel is rated as a three star hotel it has all the trappings of a four star hotel and contains a number of original features from the water mill which have been attractively incorporated into the interior design of the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were so pleased with the lovely clean room we stayed in, plus the lovely extras such as tea/coffee, biscuits, sparkling water and still water, ironing board and iron, hairdryer, toiletries etc, etc. We also enjoyed a very good breakfast and the service was superb. What more could we ask for at such a reasonable price. It was an excellent hotel experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your recent experience on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I am glad you enjoyed the dinner as this is an area we put a lot of effort in as well as a new menu, as to ensure that all our clients have a good end on their day.

south cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Built on the site of an old mill and water features incorporated which look fantastic. You can see the stream in reception and the bar area. As there had been heavy rainfall the water was flowing really quickly and we kept looking at it through the viewpoints. Lovely bedroom . Exceptionally clean. Very comfortable beds. plenty of hot water . Good breakfast. Excellent staff nothing too much trouble. Would like to stay here again. (We did go out for an evening meal at the Isle of Skye Toby carvery which was also excellent.)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2012

Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed 2 nights 28th and 29th June comfortable clean room,helpful staff.Good breakfast and very tasty 3 course meal in the restaurant.Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

stonehouse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

just back from an overnight in the Mercure hotel Perth, the hotel is a two minute walk to the city centre. We booked on a half board breakfast and the food was excellent, however the restaurant staff told us we had twenty pounds to spend on dinner and when we were checking out the receptionist told us it was £22. That is however my only complaint. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the hotel is beautiful inside. a great overnight.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

I have noted your comment relating the food allowances and the extra money you had to pay. This should have never had happened and please accept my apologies for this oversight. Happy to make amends so please contact me once you get the chance as I would welcome the opportunity to firstly make up for the error and secondly thank you in person for the nice comments.
My telephone number is 01738 642800 or on gm.mercureperth@jupiterhotels.co.uk

Chris Charalambous

Been to Mercure Perth Hotel? Share your experiences!