“Great value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Perth
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is situated in the middle of town it is handy for shops theatres and cinema ,one drawback is the the hotel has no parking, this is easily overcome by parking in the multi storey car park just behind the hotel.
Check in a bit regimented ,NOT BEFORE 2 O'CLOCK rooms are clean and the staff are friendly.
Breakfast is excellent with a large range of great breakfast food ,self service buffet style.
Very good value ,recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to pop a few notes about your recent stay. I am so pleased you found your stay good value and the breakfast excellent. We are indeed handy for the shops and all the town center attractions. The reason we say two oclock is we like to make sure that the rooms have been inspected by the senior housekeepers, we do allow early check ins if requested in advance so arrangements can be made. I am also pleased you found the staff friendly too,
Once again many thanks and kind regards.

394 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

First impressions from outside are,maybe it needs some TLC.Once you open that door you are in for a pleasant surprise. Warm hotel,good room,lovely staff and great food.We just had a 3 night DB&B package for £95 each, and my wife,who can be quite hard to please,enjoyed every minute.We will be coming to stay here again, and will look for other Strathmore Hotels on our travels, as other guests told us that this level of service and comfort is standard for this hotel chain. Ian H. Aberdeen

Room Tip: We stayed in a back room as the missus does not like traffic noise,so we cannot judge other rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Wow - what a lovely review, thank you so much for your kind words. I am so pleased the room, staff and food was so good, we do try our best. Yes we are looking at painting the front of the hotel and once we have all the quotes and permits etc in we can decide what direction to take this forward. All the hotels in the Strathmore group offer hotels with character and charm and I sure you will also be pleased with what they have to offer.
Many thanks and kind regards.
Chapelhall, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed at this hotel because its advertised as close to the Perth Concert Hall. This is very true . It's actually less than ten minutes walk to get there and that's if you stroll slowly. I booked online on the hotels website and got a good price which was the online price and a third of the rack rate. The room was comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was buffet and choice excellent. Will definately use again if going to Perth for a concert

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive and complimentary review. I do appreciate the time you have taken to mention the room is comfortable and spacious and the breakfast was first class. Yes, we are ideally situated only a few minutes walk from the concert hall and all the city centre attractions. I am so pleased you will return to Perth for a concert and glad you will book back at the Salutation Hotel with one of our sepcial rates.
Many thanks and kind regards.
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Recently stayed at Salutation with my wife. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was first class and the food was very tasty! The staff were superb and very helpful. We very much enjoyed our stay and would go back. It was a very relaxing way to spend a few days.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for posting such a pleasant review about the Salutation Hotel, I most pleased to read that all aspects of your stay - food, room, staff etc. I am pleased you found your break relaxing and I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Kind regards.
West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My Husband and I have just a mid week break at this Hotel. The room was lovely, very warm, the shower was excellent in water pressure and temp we had excellent room service very clean but most of all we have to say that the STAFF were excellent they could not do enough for you nothing was a bother and the meals were very well cooked and plenty of it. The staff always had time to have a chat . The only down side is there is no parking and you have to pay but in our view for what we got at the hotel more than made it for it. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and relatives well done All.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 325 no view but the room was great and it was away from the main road
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Many thanks for posting such a pleasant and complimentary review, I really do appreciate this. I am so pleased you were most happy with the food, staff and the cleanliness of the room. I am also glad that you found the staff very obliging and that nothing was a bother to them - they are indeed a great team. We do realise that there is no parking and try and make up for this by offering good value for money, I am pleased you would recommend us and I do look forward to welcomimg you back.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Was at Hotel for a conference and stayed 2 days acccompanied by my wife .
Am quite a light sleeper and requested a room at the back of the Hotel which has frontage onto a busy main road where Fire engines Ambulances and Police cars go by regularly with sirerns blaring as they sped past .
This the Hotel resolved and allocated us a decent room in the part of the Hotel requested .
The Hotel caters for various occasions including weddings / birthday parties / bus parties etc and herewith lies the noise problem .
The Guests stay up drinking well into the early morning with guests staggering to bed as late as 0430 in the morning as the Hotel bar stays open as long as the last guests stands and then they make a racket as they stagger off to bed showing disregard for the majority of guests who have long before went to bed but are subjected to the noise of these people - this happened over the two nights we stayed there .
On the plus the room itself was clean as was the bathroom however the tv in the room only has 4 channels not even freeview available .
The dining room was however excellent with a great choice for breakfast with a mound of full Scottish breakfast items you helped yourself too and a great continental choice was available too - toast and coffee / tea was served at your table and top ups available from the excellent serving staff there who were courteous and friendly to the guests without overstepping the mark and all seemed to work away without supervision that I could .
Evening meal also first class with first course served to you and the dessert but you went to the carvery for your main course .
As said in my heading Hotel good and would have given a higher rating bar for the noise .
Perhaps the night staff should follow the late night revellers to their rooms and help the guests to keep the noise down .

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask to go to the rear of the hotel - view none but it is away from the bu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post such an extensive review and experience of your recent stay at the Salutation Hotel. You are correct we cater for such a wide varierty of customers and being in the heart of the city we do open late as many guests do enjoy a late night drink and many guests return late from some of the late attractions and shows in Perth. We do have plenty quiet rooms at the back of the hotel away from the main streets. I am pleased to read that the room was clean, we are changing all the TVs over to Freeview and there are only several TVs left to change over now. I am also pleased to read that you found all the meals to be excellent both Breakfast and Dinner and that the staff were very friendly - that is indeed most important.
We would very much like to welocme you back and please feel free to contact me direct and I will ensure you are allocated a quiet room away from the streets.
Once again I do appreciate the feedback and the time you have taken to write this,
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Traveling with 70 young people and adults is no easy task. I was blessed to travel with my daughter and her children's choir to Scotland (from America). Our first stop was Perth, and it was lovely. This by far was my favorite hotel of all our stops. It was cozy, inviting, and warm. They fed us a full breakfast, and dinner and there wasn't one thing I didn't like. The hotel had free wi-fi, and a wonderful little lobby area where we met to socialize.
The only negative I found was getting our suitcases to our room. The one elevator couldn't service all of us very quickly. However, what I really enjoyed was trying to find the room among the many hallways and "nooks". My room was down a hallway, hidden behind 2 doors. Very nice and quiet. The rooms were very spacious, and basic but lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for the haunted room and see if you see the lady in the mirror. Some our of girls swear they did...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Wow - many thanks for such a positive and interesting review. I am so pleased you found the hotel cosy, inviting, warm and the food to be first class. Due to the hotels age we do indeed have many interesting and winding corridors. I am glad you liked your room and that you founnd it quiet too and that the room was large. I have yet to see any Ghosts in the hotel, erhaps one day.
Once again many thanks.
Kind regards

Been to Salutation Hotel? Share your experiences!