“Does exactly what it says on the tin” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Perth

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Perth to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Perth
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Dunkeld Road | Inveralmond, Perth PH1 3AQ, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 16 hotels in Perth
Humble, Texas
“Does exactly what it says on the tin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Room, fine, modern enough, decent tv channels and pay per view if you want it.

Quiet and the temperature was nice and controllable.

The bed was comfy with a choice of hard or soft pillows. I had a great sleep on it.

The bathroom is ok, certainly not luxury but its fit for purpose.

Breakfast was quite poor, the sausages were rank and the toaster burns the toast.

Internet is offered for free but its quite intermittent and kept cutting off but i could live with it.

Basically a hotel for people on the move and for this reason it works well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
chazperth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was pleased to see you found the hotel to be nice, clean and modern and offering a great choice of in-room pay movies and pillow choices for all the different types of guests who choose to stay with us. The hard and soft pillow choice was introduced a couple of years ago and has been very well received.

Thank you also for the feedback regarding breakfast. It is really important for us to receive these comments so that we can pass any quality issues, i.e. the sausages, on to the supplier. I had also requested that Maintenance check the toaster and it is in full working order. The setting may have been too high on the day, causing the toast to burn. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Once again, thank you for all your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed with kids, received very nice warm and efficient welcome from the people there which was appreciated and we were impressed by nice clean rooms. Breakfast was very extensive for a HI express. A wee bit out from the old town and river, so a car would be useful as not much around. Except big family pub next door for heavy calorie-laden food ...

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was so pleased you found our welcome to be so warm and efficient as I really aprpeciate this creates a great first impression.

I agree that our FREE Express Buffet Breakfast offers a great choice to our guests and a great way to start the day!

As the hotel is slightly out of the town centre, a car is certainly useful but there are also regular buses that pick-up and drop-off right outside the hotel throughout the whole day and into the evening.

Thank you again for all your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Arrived at the hotel to find we had a twin room ( not happy),when I had booked a standard double, but,we had two very restful nights even if we had single beds, general hotel was very smart and the staff were very friendly and helpful.Breakfast was lovely, all in all we had a really nice time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, but equally disappointed that you didn't receive your preferred room type. As I am unsure how this situation arose, If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this, I would be really pleased to hear from you.

I shall pass on your lovely comments regarding my team here who I'm sure will be delighted you found them to be so friendly and helpful.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

After a long journey travelling we were tired and weary and not feeling 100% were not able to travel further so decided to split our journey and stay in Perth. We were delighted the hotel had space to accommodate us and even more impressed that it was only £49 for the room which included buffett breakfast. The room was clean & tidy and had tea/coffee facilities. For our needs it was comfortable and warm. The hotel is a good location from main A9 and also not far from Asda or MacDonalds if you need. There is a restaurant next door to the hotel which saves walking, although we didn't use it it is handy. Breakfast was fine, although the sausages weren't great. The staff were very friendly and the lady at breakfast was on hand to make sure things didn't run out. It was perfect for what we required.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be perfect for your needs.

I shall also pass on your fabulous comments to my team here who share my passion for offering our guests the very best in customer service and great facilities.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Oban, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

stayed two nights last weekend with our dogs.Always find this place very friendly and welcome the dogs with a smile.Room was clean and the only complaint I have please replace the pillows in room 30 before our next visit.Breakfast is adequate although sausages are poor quality.Our return visit will be in April 26th, so this speaks for itself

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
chazperth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the welcome to you and your doggies to be a very friendly one!

Thank you for your feedback regarding the pillows in Room 30. I have asked my Head Housekeeper to check this and replace where necessary. I shall also pass on your feedback to the supplier of our sausages who I know will take your comments on board.

I look forward to saying hello when you stay with us again in April 2012.

Alness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed one night and was very impressed. Clean, modern and spacious. Very easy to find and found the price fabulous.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

It looks like you had a great stay with us and I shall share your super comments with my team.
I was delighted you found us to be great value for money and hope you will return and visit us again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

booked in at the holiday express at Perth by Almondsbank roundabout on fri day 24/2/2012 the staff on duty were well presented and efficent(dana) the room was well lit tea making facility,s.breakfast was more than plentlyful saus -scrambled egg-beans toast juices teas/coffee and all other goodies.cereals jams marmite marmalade also diabetic jams wi-fi by voucher from recption free parking the nightporter checks the carsthrough out the night area is very quiet at being on the outskirts of town.plenty of places to visit Huntingtower castle-black watch museum-st ninans cathederal scone place.Pub next door for reanonably priced meals.

Room Tip: it,s a budget hotel you serve your self for b/fast then put your tray on the place provided staff gr...