“Once again, a fantastic experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 179 Restaurants in Perth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Perth's only Authentic Indian Restaurant. Owned and run by Praveen Kumar and his wife Swarna Kumar, both born and brought up in small rural communities in south India. At Tabla we use fresh, farm grown spices by own family in India. Praveen has gained great wealth of Food and Restaurant management skills from The Gleneagles Hotel & Turnburry Hotel, where we workedover 6 years. Tabla is well presented restaurant with stone walls and open kitchen. You'll find cheerful and well attentive staff to exceed your dining expectations.
Glasgow
“Once again, a fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my second visit to Tabla, the first was 2 years ago. The food was just as delicious and the staff were lovely. If you're going for an Indian in Perth, make sure you visit Tabla!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
thirmalreddy, Owner at Tabla Authentic Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Tabla Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write to me on TA.
I am very pleased to see you back after 2 years. A BIG THANK YOU.
looking forward to see you back soon.
Kind regards

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Indian resteraunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Was recommended this Indian by the manager of The New County Hotel(fantastic too!)
He was soooo right it was fab,
Food was excellent and great value.
The owner took the kids into the kitchen and let them see how they make nan.
They loved it !
The staff are so friendly
When your kids want to go back so do you!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
thirmalreddy, Owner at Tabla Authentic Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Tabla Guest,
Thank you for lovely feedback on TA. I am glad your kinds enjoyed watching making nan.
I will pass pass your feedback to team.
looking forward to welcome you back.
Kind Regards
Owner
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous as always, simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have written several reviews of Tabla, but how can you stop reviewing perfection? Tabla is simply the best Indian Restaurant I have ever eaten in, and I have eaten in hundreds! I am away over 30 nights a year on business and always choose to eat in Indian restaurants when I get the chance. I have eaten in great ones, good ones, average ones and poor ones but none as good as Tabla. The service was 1st rate as usual, I was greeted as a friend as well as customer and treated wonderfully all evening.

This time, after poppodams and pickels, I had the Andhra Kodi Curry with Pilau Rice and a side dish of Chana Masala and it was equisite. Flavour burst forth with every mouthful and the love, dedication and attention given to my meal by the chef and his team was so evident. Everything is freshly prepared, everything cooked traditionally including making their own Garam Masala (I spotted the Star Anise! Great to see!) and everything was fantastic. The fact that you can see into the kitchen shows there is nothing to hide and that the chef and his team take immense pride in their work. I cannot wait for my next visit (probably 9 weeks time!!) and just wish there was a restaurant even half as good near me at home!

Dear Tabla Guest,
Thank you for lovely feedback on TA. I am glad you enjoy your every visit . I will pass pass your feedback to team.
looking forward to welcome you back.
Kind Regards
Owner
Perth, United Kingdom
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was the best indian food we have ever tasted,and we eat alot of indian food! Also the staff were fabulous and really went out their way to cater for the children. My chidren always ask to go back here.
si and sandie.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
thirmalreddy, Owner at Tabla Authentic Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Tabla Guest,
Thank you for taking time write to me on TA. I am very glad you your kids enjoyed your meal at Tabla. Our chefs are very happy accommodate any request of our little curry kings.(your kids)
I will pass your feedback to team at tabla.

Looking forward to see you when in town again.
regards
Praveen kumar
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Despite not having a reservation Tabla were able to squeeze us in. The food was really good, especially the tandoori lamb chops, and the squid pakora worked well too. Staff were attentive without being intrusive and the bill was extremely reasonable. Highly recommended.

Dear Tabla Guest,
Thank you for taking time write to me on TA. I am very glad we could find place for you dinner.
I will pass your feedback to team at tabla.

Looking forward to see you when in town again.
regards