“Pleasant experience” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Pleasant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have just had a very pleasant Sunday lunch at The Gailes Restaurant. The food was very good and freshly cooked by a good chef. The restaurant is very roomy and comfortable. The waitress staff were superb too, with just the right amount of attention. For the standard of restaurant and the quality of food we had, the price was reasonable. They offer different menus at varying prices to suit all tastes and prices. This restaurant has improved greatly from our last visit, so it won't be long before we have another meal at The Gailes.

Room Tip: Book a room at the back of the hotel as they overlook the gold course.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We went with a group of friends to a Latin American night. This involved dinner, bed and breakfast a dance lesson and dance. This was excellent value for money at £89 per couple. The staff were friendly and efficient. The room and bathroom were beautiful and very clean and well maintained. Overall a great night and we look forward to more of the same.

• Stayed July 2013
Oban, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Was a wonderful stay .The hotel was fantastic and the food was superb .Staff are extremely friendly and pleasant .xx The rooms are comfortable and the décor is fresh xx would recommend this hotel to anyone xx

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kilmaurs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We got married at the Gailes in February. The ceremony was in the rooftop conservatory and then down into the Lagavulan Suite for the meal and reception. All of the staff involved from the Wedding Co-ordinators to the Bar Staff done an excellent job. The newly renovated penthouse is perfect for getting ready in, I just wish we had more time to relax in the hot tub the next day! The wedding meal was superb, everybody throroughly enjoyed it, so compliments to the chefs. From start to finish every little detail was taken care of and we cant wait to come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

.... thin walls!

The hotel was generally very nice. I was in Irvine on business and this hotel is just around the corner which is perfect for me. It's almost on the coast but I don't know if you can get a sea view room. I did have a nice view of the golf course from my room but I was right on top of the bar and could hear the BOOM BOOM of the music until around 11:30pm. Once that stopped I could hear the people in the next room laughing and joking. I seriously thought they were in my room as I could hear every word they said. It's safe to say that I didn't get to sleep until at least midnight. I had a busy day the following day so I wanted to be asleep much sooner.

Other than that the room was very nice. I had an iron and ironing board and a decent sized 32" TV. The bed was comfortable and it was king sized so I could really sprawl out and stretch my legs. The shower was powerful which I loved but it had one of those stupid glass doors which doesn't stop the water from spraying all over the floor as effectively as a shower curtain which almost led to and accident when I stepped out of the shower! There's also free WiFi but the connection wasn't very good in my room.

If you get hungry you're in for a treat as the restaurant is fantastic. It was better than a lot of dedicated restaurants I've been to. The food was gorgeous, the staff were friendly and it was a really nice place to be. It felt really cosy, the temperature was perfect and the lighting was spot on. I went for a full 3 course meal and each course was very satisfying. The prices were above average but not too expensive although I don't remember the exact price of each course. The next morning I also had a cooked breakfast which was equally as nice as the evening meal. It was a Scottish breakfast which comes with a "Tattie Scone" which was a new experience and very tasty.

Once you've finished eating there is a gym on site which is free to use for hotel guests. There is a sauna too and I think my colleague said there was a swimming pool. I didn't take advantage of these services so I can't comment on them but they are available which is a nice bonus.

All in all my stay was very good. The rooms had everything you'd need and were clean and tidy. I had a good view, a king sized bed and the restaurant was a lovely experience. My only criticisms relate to the noise levels and the crappy shower screen. I'm back in Irvine on business in 6 weeks and I'll be staying here again, hopefully I'll get a quieter room at the other end of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My family had late lunch here on a sunday afternoon, was fairly busy and was asked to wait 5 minutes for a table to be cleaned.15 minutes later we still were waiting. Half an hour later we were at a table finally ordered.but no drinks had arrived from the bar. Our daughters main course came with a large peice of metal wire coming out of sausage the waitress did take it off the bill and we ordered her ice cream and more drinks when our mains arrived.we had finished our dinner and asked twice how long they were goin to be to be told they hadn't been ordered! We were in gailes for 2 hours for a 2 course lunch. Will be a while before we will return.

• Stayed May 2013
Kilmarnock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had been told that Gailes Restaurant was a great place for lunch so we decided to try it and were not disappointed.Four of us chose the lunch deal which offers 2 courses for £10.95 or 3 courses for £12.95.Starter of pate was beautiful as was the vegetable pakora and cream of vegetable soup. For mains 3 opted for the crispy battered haddock and chips which was the nicest haddock i have had in a long time.1 opted for the beef stew which was succulent and very tender. The portions were of a fair size and my husband actually got a piece of my fish as i couldnt finish it..The 2 men in our group opted for ice cream and lemon meringue pie...Both were delicious..The waiters and waitresses were all first class and service was second to none...Would recommend to anyone to give this place a try..We will defo be back in the near future. Many thanks to all staff and chefs for a fab lunch....xx

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Gailes Restaurant and Hotel? Share your experiences!