“Birthday lunch.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 59 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scottish, Contemporary, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Sit in the quiet seclusion of the countryside and enjoy the relaxed surroundings and ambiance provided in The Barn Steakhouse & Grill at Greenfields. Here our brand new team of chefs bring an exciting new concept to the Morayshire area in producing fresh, made to order quality dishes to tantalise your tastebuds. We are available for hire as a function venue for a number of events events such as... Weddings Christenings Anniversaries Meetings Hen and Stag Parties Whisky Dinners and many more! Our front of house team will make you feel welcome. With our extensive menu, along with Sunday lunches and an extensive bar boasting a collection of over 80 whiskys, we are sure your visit will be the first of many to come...
“Birthday lunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Went with my daughter and son in law on a Sunday for my birthday The food was excellent and the service very good and friendly will definitely be going back again it's a little gem this place.

Elgin, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Return visit as previously ate here and was excellent. The restaurant was very quiet, only three tables including ourselves. The waiter was very attentive but the wait for food slow. Two of us ordered steak which was very disappointing, poor quality and quite grizzly served with one mushroom, tomato peas and frozen chips which tasted disgusting. For £15.95 I would have expected better quality food. Mixed grill, average but fish and chips good. The crumble for dessert was delicious and huge portion. Definately would not hurry back after this visit.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Elgin, United Kingdom
“Disappointing 😞”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Phoned at last minute on a Saturday night and was told if we hurried they could get us a table. When we arrived the place was empty apart from 2 tables of 4/5 and another couple. There was a large table set up with bottled water and lite candles so we assumed a large party was about to arrive.(They never did & neither did anybody else)
We were served immediately by a very friendly lady and we ordered drinks. The "Specials" were hand written on a A4 piece of lined paper which I thought was a little shabby.
We ordered starters of Goats Cheese Brushetta & Haggis Bites.
Mains consisted of Wild Boar Burger & a Sirloin Steak both served with chips, the steak came with peas, mushroom & Tomato. The presentation was fine, my steak was cooked perfectly it was just a shame it was mostly fat & gristle. Hubby's burger was just that nothing special.
Our biggest disappointment though was the FROZEN CHIPS??? WHAT is that all about? £15.95 for a steak with frozen chips?? I was Gobsmacked that even on a evening menu they cannot produce hand cut chips as standard.
A really disappointing meal and a complete waste of £50 as far as I'm concerned . I expect BETTER than I could produce myself at home when I eat out and The Barn certainly did not do that.
On a positive note , the space and setting of the barn is really nice, they have a great bar which is well stocked, they COULD have it full every weekend as a cocktail /champagne bar if they changed the menu and got a decent chef in. I would then consider going back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Elgin
“Amazing Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

On arrival there is plenty of spacious car parking, as you walk in you immediately notice the lovely spacious environment and the decor which is uncluttered, relaxing and intimate but without feeling like families are excluded. The walls are adorned with some very pleasant art work, there is free wifi available throughout the restaurant area if you need it.

The menu was being re-written when we visited, all the new food options were there but the actual menus themselves were temporary printed sheets. The manager told us he had some nice designs in the pipeline for the final drafts.

The menu itself had some amazing options on it with lots of variety right across the starters, mains and deserts. The staff were happy to make recommendations, there was a good burger section which included a wild boar burger. There were four different steaks to choose from including a fillet steak at £27.00 which is what I chose along with a range of sauces to accompany them. They also had some interesting 'combo' meals to choose from, there was also a very good children's menu.

The staff were very welcoming and friendly, we were a party of 3 adults and one 5 year old child. We were quickly seated and a drinks order taken, just after the drinks arrived a slate tablet also arrived with a selection of free canapés.

The wine list was good, they also have a few cocktails to choose from and the usual soft drinks. The bar area looked very well stocked with lots of different drinks and again was made very pleasant with some relaxing changing lighting as a back drop to the bar. Difficult to describe but a nice touch.

When the food came it was quickly apparent that the quality was very good indeed, the portion sizes were large. We all struggled to eat all of our meals, the plates were also large. I ordered a side order of onion rings to go with my fillet steak and again they certainly didn't hold back on the amount of onion rings I were given.

My wife felt that her side salad was a little on the skimpy side but you must appreciate I am really struggling to pick any kind of fault here. All other portion sizes made this restaurant very good value for money.

As the evening drew on our 5 year old child who was with us for the evening started (as I guess most kids do) to get bored, it was then that the manager showed how great he was with kids as he took our child to see the fish tank next to the bar and spent at least 15 minutes entertaining her and chatting with her.

It was now time for deserts and again a very good selection I had the Rich Chocolate and Caramel mousse which was amazing. Again the portion sizes were large and generous.

Totally stuffed we asked for the bill, I asked if they did a forces discount and was delighted when I was told that on production of a valid forces ID card I would get 10% off the bill. So yes they do a forces discount! That took my bill for the evenings or our entire group from £143.00 to £129.00, considering the generous portion sizes and the excellent quality of the food I thought this was excellent value.

It should be noted that they also do birthdays and special events, on speaking with the manager he stated that they were pretty much open to any kind of challenge with regards to customer requirements with regards to parties etc.

He said they can do discos, karaoke, and have guitar hero as entertainment if you wish, also for food they are happy to do sit down meals, finger buffets or sit down buffets such as trays of lasagne etc etc. Also BBQ's are an option too utilising the court yard area if the weather permits.

They have a late licence until 0100hrs.

Overall we had an excellent evening and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, I would certainly recommend you visit this establishment and think you're really missing out if you don't.

Visited March 2014
morayshire
“Awesome food and dining experience at The Barn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Had wonderful afternoon tea today at The Barn in Lhanbryde coffee was EXCELLANT (made by Fiona) and fruit and nut scone was delicious (baked by Rudy) also tried an incredible sweet garnished with real 'edible' flowers everything is so beautifully presented and tastes excellant overall 10 out of 10!!!! Such a shortage of high quality eateries like this around Elgin!!
Evening meals also wonderful