“great and friendly hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenock
Amersham, United Kingdom
“great and friendly hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

we had an overnite staff food was good staff were friendly and very helpful hotel was sited near the town and we had easy access to the motorways rooms were clean and fresh a real credit to the staff breakfast was very good in the morning

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, October 24, 2013

Regards and Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
Perth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Hotel room was clean enough, fairly basic but was not expecting too much. Happy as long as it was clean. Receptionist was efficient, wouldnt say she went out her way to be overly friendly but she did her job. Only thing I would probably pick up would be when I called in morning to see if I could change my booking to Glasgow the male who took the call was not most helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Scott G,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Aboyne, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel was lovely. Rooms were spotless and housekeeping staff were lovely and friendly. However had dinner one night and it was awful! To be fair I wasn't charged when I complained and was told my drinks would also be complimentary which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Eat out. The complimentary breakfast is ok but not dinner
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Good Day

It is always great to get this type of feedback. I will ensure that I pass your comments onto the team. and also feedback to the food and beverage manager your comments to take on board and work on.

Only when we get this type of honest feedback can we address and improve so thank you

Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very bad experience here. Initial check in/the room itself was ok (barr the 20 year old tv) but it was all downhill from there. Went to order dinner around 8 and had my order taken by the receptionist who then went behind a glass wall and cooked my £14 stuff crust pizza and £4 garlic bread by microwave. A couple of minutes later after the blatant DING of the micro went i got served a RANK luke warm pizza and piping hot garlic bread that was dripping with grease. The diet coke was by far the best part of the meal!

The next morning housekeeping started knocking on the door and heckling me every 20 mins from 10am onwards until i checked out at 11.30.

AWFUL. AVOID

Room Tip: The Premier Inn 2 minutes away!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Good Day
I am sorry to see that the hotel did not live up to your expectations on this occasion.
We strive to ensure that we deliver a great guest experience and that we use the feedback from guest as a learning tool as we strive to ensure customer satisfaction.

Thank you for giving us your feedback and for taking the time to do so, We will learn for your feedback and ensure that all aspects of your feedback are addressed and improved. As we strive to achieve a continued cycle of improvements that guest feedback allows us to achieve

Rugby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel on several occasions for business, always found it ideally placed and easy to find. In fact, I always try and stay in Holiday Inn's on business as I do find the service usually consistent. However, I have to say, this hotel is slipping in service and quality, particular over the past year or so.

During my latest trip, I stayed four nights on the second floor, the rooms are roomy (usual standard). I arrived late evening after a six hour drive, my plan was to do some email in front of the TV and have an early night as I had a particular hectic schedule the next day.

Firstly, the TV did not work, the remote was dead (just new batteries I think). I called reception and was told it would make no difference as the TV system was broken anyway! When you are travelling alone on business, the TV can make a big difference!

The shower was filthy with grime and hair (no bath, but that is fine with me), I used the shower head to clean it, but the water pressure was next to nothing. It was the driest shower I had ever taken!

So I decided to go to bed, pulled back the covers to find 2 cigarette burns in the sheets - as a none smoker, this really was off-putting.

I noticed large pieces of dust on the pillows, I was a little confused as to where these had come from. Then I realised, as I had been trying to turn the sheet over, the draft had dislodged the dust that had built up on the textured wallpaper above the bed!

The final straw was the next morning - I rang reception and asked for an iron, I was running late and my shirts were creased. I was told 'of course', but you need to come and get it from reception! I was assured this was standard in all HI's, but I can confirm it is not! Since this trip, I have stayed in two further HI's and both were happy to bring an iron to my room. It's these small touches that really make a difference.

As I write this, I do feel a little bad, but the reason I felt the need was due to the response I got when I went to reception the next morning; I cheerfully said to the lady at the desk 'I'm sorry, but I want to make some comments about my room'. Without a word, she rolled her eyes, reached for a pen and pad and just glared at me! I reeled off my comments and she wrote them down. Furthermore, I had two of my customers (high ranking) arriving the next day and had recommended this hotel to them - I did feel a little embarrassed over the situation.

Another lady then came to my room, I think she was in charge of housekeeping. She did listen to my issues, although I did feel like she was making excuses 'we've been very busy', 'there is a lady off sick', 'people steal the batteries from the TV remote'. But she was very attentive and listened to me.

When I returned that evening, my sheets and pillows were changed, the bathroom was clean and they had replaced my shower head which gave more pressure - the walls were still dusty and and TV still did not work.

Would I stay again - probably. There is not much choice in this area and I prefer the larger hotels to smaller B&B's. I understand that some rooms have now been modernised and would probably try and secure one of those. Generally, I have always found the staff very friendly, the food is OK and from a business perspective, the free WiFi works very well and the free breakfast is welcome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Good Day

I have addressed your concern and feedback with the Headhousekeeper, The techincal issue that we had with our television has now been resloved and all services resumed

Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Followed the M8 and then A8 through 7 roundabouts , looking for T Mobile offices

Missed them completely - they are now called EE

Rest of visit was fine , hotel quiet , evening meal option limited and pricey. Went to Brewers' Fayre next door

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Good Day
Thank you for your positive feedback and the nice comments you have taken the time to post. It is always great to get this type of feedback. I will ensure that I pass your comments onto the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future

I will address the hotel directional information on the websiite thanks to your feedback

Lane Cove, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights as of 25 July 2013. I drove from Glasgow Airport only to find that the 1 and only direct road to Cartsburn was flooded after colossal rains and it would have taken hours to clear. So I spent another 1 1/2 and drove through the mountains in heavy rain, massive traffic (everybody tried to get home) over broken roads, on the left, several times only missing oncoming traffic by a few inches. Harrowing experience. Not the fault of the hotel, though. The hotel is modern, on a busy road, still quiet(ish). The place was packed when I got there (late June, tourist season). Rooms are good, modern, clean and functional, pleasant to live in, parking is free (in the carpark outside) and the breakfast is okay. It is what you reasonably expect from a First World chain like Holiday Inn (Express). Recommended. Good value for money. Very far from Glasgow airport though, hardly an 'airport hotel'.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, September 23, 2013

Regards and Thanks

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenock? Share your experiences!