“Avoid unless you are desperate for accommodation” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenock
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Avoid unless you are desperate for accommodation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The room was not particularly clean with pealing paint and a grubby carpet. Sheets and towels were clean.

Food was dreadful, it all tasted like freeze and microwave. Also very poor value for the cost in my opinion.

The staff were pleasant.

Good location for the port but avoid unless you can't get booked in something better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Egglesbrech,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I travelled to the area for a family event. The staff were very friendly and were more than happy to deal with the demands we had for them.

One small issue (and it is only small)...I did request a second key card for the room. The first time they mentioned that the original wouldn't work, so I swapped it - pretty standard; however, the second key never worked. It turned out that we didn't need this second key so it really wasn't a big deal to me in the end.

A great place to stay - would definitely stay again!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Good Day

Thank you for your positive feedback and the nice comments you have taken the time to post. It is always great to get this type of feedback. I will ensure that I pass your comments onto the team.

Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with my husband and 15 year old daughter. The room was a reasonable size and clean. A fantastic walk in-shower with wonderfully fluffy towels. The service was good and the public areas were well maintained. The breakfast was a buffet with something for most. All in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013

Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Arriving back in Glasgow by rail at 9pm (two hours late) with a four hour drive home ahead of me, I rang IHG reservations to find all their hotels in Glasgow were full and the options were Hamilton or Greenock. The latter is nearer home for me so I opted to stay there and once again it was great - better rooms than the newer generation of HI Expresses and friendly, helpful staff. Free parking and free wifi downstairs is a bonus compared to the Glasgow hotels.
I arrived too late for dinner and left too early for breakfast so can't comment on those areas. The only negative comment I would have is that smoking is allowed in some of the rooms and I was allocated one. I'm sure I could have asked to be moved but it was late and the room itself wasn't too bad, however the smell of stale smoke in the corridor outside was a return to the bad old days!
This was my second visit and won't be the last - I will remember to specify non-smoking next time though!

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking rooms if you are a non-smoker
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

northampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Nothing much else to say after my last visit, perfectly functional HIE, rooms still in good condition, bar area fine and breakfast is usual HIE standard (which is generally a good thing except for the juice from the machines which is vile).

Staff are fine and check in and out easy and the price is always very competitive.

I will stay again next time in need to be in Greenock/Port Glasgow

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Bourton on the Water
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stopped here very last minute when we'd been let down by an Infotel booking at another hotel. Very welcoming. Holiday Inn Expresses are what they are, clean, reliable but characterless with reasonable but basic breakfast (free). The staff were very helpful and accommodating. Not in town but near to the Marina and easy access on and off the main A8/M8.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Joala,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. I appreciate the compliments on our staff service. However, I am sorry we were not able to fully exceed or at least be at par with your expectations. I truly value the comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again

Zelyn N
Leek, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

A one night stop over as part of a Scotland driving tour. Booking in process very poor. As a Platinum member I was expecting a bit better. The chap who booked us in was extremely Scottish and was difficult to understand (not his fault of course), anyway he sent us off to our room which turned out to be a wrong bed configuration. I had booked and emailed the hotel with our requirements but to no avail. A trip back to reception with suitcases caused confusion all around. Eventually put into a room next to the car park at the front of the hotel on the ground floor although my specific request was for a quiet room. At 7am thoughts of opening the window to let in fresh air was to no avail as there was a coach ticking over with no driver present for at least one hour on the car park. The coach came to the hotel entrance which was only a few yards from our window, again leaving the engine running (couldn't find the driver) eventually leaving with a group of people at 9am. So, the coach was on the car park ticking over for 2 hours belching fumes all over the place, Well done driver of Cavendish Coaches (South Wales) for ruining the options of open windows, spoiling the ozone layer and wasting your employers fuel for 2 hours. I appreciate that the issue regarding the coach is not the fault of the hotel but a suggestion to coach drivers might not come amiss. The rest of the stay was as expected. Would I stay again:- Yes, Is staff training required:- Yes.

Room Tip: Make sure you have the room requested before taking luggage as you may have to change. Try for a hig...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Clive S,

Thank you very much for your review. We take all of the comments and reviews we receive very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We regret to see your experience was not all you had hoped it would be. We were pleased to see that you would return for a future visit and we welcome the opportunity to show you just how great our hotel is.

Adrian D
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenock? Share your experiences!