“One of my best meals ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 47 restaurants in Greenock
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Larvik, Vestfold, Norway
“One of my best meals ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a restaurant I fully recommend. We came over from Norway to visit family, and since my husband already was familiar with the place, choice was easy. I was NOT disappointed. The enchilada was superb, the dessert too, and the staff was excellent. Compared to prices in Norway, this was unbelievable!!! I guess about half of what we pay, so it was a pleasant surprise. A big smile to The Square!

• Visited August 2012

72% Recommend
Greenock, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have visited the square for lunch and dinner several times and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent well cooked and delicious. Prices are very reasonable . The chef and waiting staff are great.. service is spot on. Well done be back soon.

“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I enjoyed our experience in the square. We both had the steak sandwich and both chose the pepper sauce with it. We both emptied the plates and agreed it was the best steak sandwich we'd had, despite previously being regulars in Morgan's for their steak sandwich. The restaurant was quiet when we went in so service was very quick, the staff were pleasant and very helpful. I can't remember the final bill but it was roughly £25 for two steak sandwiches, a pint of cider and a glass of pepsi, which we were more than happy to pay. All in all we would highly recommend the square and definitely the steak sandwich.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Good food . Portions on the large side but very good value. Good atmosphere. Staff were very friendly .

Glasgow
“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was my first visit to The Square and I found the food to be very average. The peppercorn sauce with the beef looked like a very gloopy gravy and thankfully tasted a bit better than it looked. If you like ping ding, then you'll be happy here. Otherwise do yourself a favour and walk a little further through Clyde Square until you reach TriBeCa for real homemade food.

• Visited October 2012