“Kayaking Loch Maree” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Torridon Activities provide outdoor adventure in the stunning Torridon area. Activities include Archery, Kayaking, Walking, Mountain guiding, Mountain Bike Hire, Clay Pigeon shooting and more
London, United Kingdom
“Kayaking Loch Maree”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Fanastic family fun on Loch Maree. All equipment was supplied, including water proof tops. We were quickly put on to the water due to a bad attack of miggies and all of us (three generations) got swifly going to explore the islands of Loch Maree. Chris Wilson our instructor had the children seal launching from the rocks. setting tasks for the slightly more lippy children and guiding the rest of our more leisurely paddlers. Scenery, tranquility and lots of knowledge from our instructor it was a thrilling day booked through the The Torridon. Safety was first class without the usual over zealous health and safety and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking for advwenture. Next time there maybe the two day river trip.

Visited July 2012

Oxford
“Fantastic fun & gorgeous scenery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My brother and I spent two days at the Torridon Inn, where we came across 'Torridon Activities'. We couldn't resist booking a morning of Gorge Walking. All equipment was provided and our guide was fantastic, leading us up over the rocks and through the waterfalls for a good couple of hours. The activity culminated in an exciting rock-slide down into a deep plunge pool. We had such a good time that the next day we booked a whole day of Kayaking on Loch Torridon, where curious seals came up to watch us cruise along beneath the spectacular Beinn Alligin and Liathach mountains. Brilliant fun in a spectacular location, we would recommend these activities to anyone!

Visited June 2012
Llandyrnog, United Kingdom
“Mountain guiding on the Northern Pinnacles of Liathach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I needed, or at least wanted, to get to the top of Meall Dearg and the Northern Pinnacles of Liathach, since I am a sad individual who wants to get to the top of all the Munro Tops as well as just the Munros. On a previous visit, I'd bumped in to Chris Wilson who runs Torridon Activities from the Torridon Inn, and he'd said that for a small fee he'd show me a goat track up Meall Dearg. So I arranged the weather and he brought some ropes and off we went. The route Chris chose was pretty fair up to the top, but the pinnacles themselves consisted of very broken rock with about as much cohesion as the present coallition, and he was right to take some sensible precautions that on my own I might not have observed. The Pinnacles are not as stable as the Am Fasarinen ones, nor are they quite as pinnacular, and without Chris I would almost certainly have gone back the way we came up.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, Chris was an admirable companion with a knowledge of the area and a readiness to offer advice on other planned walks, that made the day a great success. Everything was done with safety in mind, though not to the extent that it detracted from the pleasure of the day. Chris seems keenest on kayaking, so I hope one day to kayak across Loch Maree to bag the two Corbetts

As on previous occassions, I took advantage of the food at the Torridon Inn, the quality of the food and the service being great, but I thought that at £90 a night for just me, the Inn accommodation was a bit steep.

Scotland
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent guided walks in stunning location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Being on our honeymoon, we spent the vast majority of our time relaxing inside the hotel. However, we did book onto a half day guided walk and decided to do this on the Sunday afternoon of our stay. Chris arrived to collect us and he was extremely friendly and knowledgable.

After professionally ascertaining our aims of the walk, he drove us over to the other side of the loch where we then disembarked. He led us through a lovely leisurely walk, pointing our the key sights and also led us down a lovely, tranquil beach where we could peer in detail at some of the amazing sea life.

We will definitely be partaking in more activities on our next visit, but we cannot speak highly enough of Chris - keep up the great work!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Exhausting but excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

We spent a full day here, sea kayaking in the morning and gorge scrambling in the afternoon. Both were great -- the activities were a lot of fun, everything was well organised, and Chris, our guide/instructor was friendly and helpful. The gorge scrambling in particular was awesome (but not for the faint hearted...!). When we were all done, Chris presented us with a CD of photos he'd taken during the day, which was a really nice touch. After that, we went home and collapsed -- completely exhausted, but very satisfied. Highly recommended!