“Peace and quiet” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Inverness Road, Nairn IV12 4RX, Scotland   |
Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Nairn
“Peace and quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Spent a snowy Monday night at this hotel. The bar was very welcoming and comfortable. Rooms were large in fact the bed was of American proportions. But what I liked most about my stay was the peace and quiet whilst being a short walk to the town centre. I had an excellent nights sleep. My only criticism was the poor tv reception but that could have been weather related.

• Stayed March 2013
Alan N, General Manager at Newton Hotel and Highland Conference Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review of The Newton Hotel.
It was nice to note you enjoyed the hotel on your recent stay with us.
The grounds of the hotel do give a bit of privacy to the hotel and a 'country house feel' yet we are only a short walk to the town centre and this is appreciated by many of our guests.

Do hope I am able to welcoming you back to the hotel in nicer weather when you can enjoy the lovely scenery around Nairn.

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Kilmarnock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had a nice mini break, good offer price...waiting staff good..
Good three course meal and breakfasts.. room nice looking over garden, and very nice bottle of wine for us in our room..quite well furnished and clean..tray of tea, coffee and biscuits..

Room Tip: Room 110.overlooks garden...nice and quite..and stairs through door lead to dining room..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at The Newton Hotel.
I was pleased to note that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and overall had a nice mini break at the hotel.
I do hope I am able to welcome you back to the hotel later in the year when the gardens will be in full bloom and you can treat yourselves to another relaxing break.

Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel to find we had been upgraded to a lovely suite. Great room, well appointed hotel which looks impressive driving up to it. The suite had a separate lounge, bedroom and bathroom. Very comfortable, warm and cosy. No fridge and the bathroom could do with upgrading.

The hotel was very quiet so lacked atmosphere but I suppose that's to be expected for a weekend in February. The breakfast was very poor - all the fruit came out of a can and the cooked breakfast had poor quality sausages and bacon.

With a better quality breakfast and more people in the hotel, this place would deserve 5/5

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alan N, Manager at Newton Hotel and Highland Conference Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review from your stay at The Newton Hotel.
It was pleasing to note you enjoyed your upgrade to a suite and you found this comfortable and cosy.
I have noted your comments regarding your disappointment with breakfast, and these comments will be reviewed with the Head Chef in the near future
Once again, many thanks for taking the time to post your comments.

Regards

manchester england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We come here every year and always have a wonderful stay. The hotel was - sadly for them - very quiet. We experienced friendly and welcoming service. The food was excellent. Our room was warm, cozy and very comfortable. Looking forward to our next stay already.

• Stayed February 2013
Alan N, General Manager at Newton Hotel and Highland Conference Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your taking the time to post a review from your recent stay with us. Your comments are appreciated and it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed another stay with us here at The Newton Hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Newton Hotel in the near future and if you give myself a call beforehand, I will aim to have you upgraded to a suite for your stay.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hotel and staff are great. Hotel was value for money and more. Staff went out of there way to help and also were knowledgeable about area and things to do. The rooms are "very" spacious and beds great size and extremely comfortable it was clean. We stayed in room 104 and found through the night there were scraping noises as if furniture was being moved above us ......and in morning inquired @ reception that all rooms are carpeted and this was not possible?? We both heard these noises also strange supernatural sensations weird but true?? Rumours are 105 is haunted but I beg to differ!!!! Mmmmmm 104?? Otherwise would definatally stay again as amazing. Fantastic scenery great walks and plenty to do.Food was spectacular again staf friendly and polite

Room Tip: 104 fantastic view and very spacious. But watch out for the noises through the night!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,
Many thanks for your kind comments from your recent stay with us. I was pleased to note the many aspects that you enjoyed during your stay with us. I was a little intrigued by your comments regarding the 'noises' which is not something that has been commented on from previous guests in 104, but it was reassuring that it did not spoil your enjoyment at The Newton Hotel. Certainly gave you another reason to remember us.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Newton Hotel and I will try and arrange a bedroom on the other side of the hotel with a complimentary nightcap to help you sleep.

Your kind comments are appreciated.

Regards

Scotland, Livingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is the second time that me and my boyfriend have stayed here, we were here this time last year. We arrived on Tuesday the 12th February and left on the 14th, we were checked in and the receptionist was very polite, we stayed in room 223 , we were not disappointed!! we prefered this room to our last room because the bed was HUGE!! :-) and lovely views of the garden. The dinner we had on both nights was beautiful! and the manager I think his name was Mark was great! always stopped to speak to us and made us feel so welcomed and relaxed. We will be doing this each year for Valentines, Just a fantastic stay and felt so relaxed just want to say thank you to all staff that made us feel welcomed. Pics will be coming soon

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,
It was pleasing to note your kind words and that you enjoyed your stay with us again. Glad to read that many aspects like the gardens, the huge bed and of course the meals and staff all contributed to the overall enjoyment of your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you both back to The Newton Hotel, hopefully before next February, where I will endeavour to reserve you the same bedroom and will have a nice bottle of complimentary wine in the bedroom on your arrival.

Many thanks for taking the time to contribute your positive comments and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mansfield, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I visited from the US in the summer of 2011 and now find I'm suggesting it to a young couple planning their wedding in Scotland. The staff were helpful and polite and even found me needle and thread one day when I needed. I enjoyed walking the grounds ..even the back entryway is interesting with the ancient trees. and it's only a short walk to the beach and lovely 10:30 pm sunsets. I hope that the three Scottish Cattle are still on the grounds. Enjoyed my stay, the food and staff immensely and I'm remembering it fondly enough to recommend it highly. Phil Enzerra Mansfield OH USA

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Alan N, General Manager at Newton Hotel and Highland Conference Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Philip,
Your kind comments are much appreciated by the hotel and also I am sure your 'suggestion' and advice will be appreciated by the young couple planning their wedding.Pleased to note you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff contributed to this.
I sorry to say that one of the Highland cattle passed away early last December from old age.
She had lived to 17 years old and the vet commented that she had looked to have had and enjoyable and stress free time in the field at The Newton Hotel.

Hotel General Manager

Been to Newton Hotel and Highland Conference Center? Share your experiences!