I stayed here with work, after reading the reviews on my favourite hotel check website.
I also followed the advice and booked directly, to try to get the new wing, as a few of the reviews worried me about the old part of the building......I needn't have worried (more later)
They didn't have any occupancy in the new wing, it must have been that everyone else was staying there! as the hotel was not busy.
I had a lovely curry for dinner (bar meal) and a really great cooked breakfast in the morning.
The room was nice and for the money excellent as the rates are VERY reasonable, sure there are the odd bare patches on the edge of some stair carpets, but they are good quality carpets. It just shows me that some people are a bit picky......
The only point of concern is that there is no way that the radiator would ever heat the room I was in, which is why they had supplementary electric heating.....
Also one thing that I didn't see last time i looked is that Charlie Chaplin used to spend 2 weeks a year here on holidays when it was a private house!
I say bag a deal and book it, don't worry what room or wing your in (unless you want to have modern but warm rads as apposed to old with charm!)
- Also Known As:
- Newton Hotel And Highland Nairn
- Newton Hotel And Highland
- Newton Hotel Nairn
- Newton Hotel And Highland Conference Center Nairn, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful area in the Highlands of Scotland, the hospitality of the town is matched by the welcome that awaits guests at the Newton. Standing in 21 acres of mature parkland and gardens, yet close to the Highland Capital of Inverness, is the Newton Hotel. There are 56 en suite bedrooms and the hotel has a comfortable environment in which guests can relax. The hotel is only a 10-minute drive from Inverness Airport and within easy road and rail links, making it very accessible whichever way you choose to travel. The area hosts a wealth of attractions including the Malt Whisky Trail, Elgin Cathedral, Loch Ness, Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield, the delights of Inverness or Nairn and the famous Moray Firth Dolphins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Newton Hotel and Highland Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.