“Oh! Dear!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 11 hotels in Nairn
edinburgh
“Oh! Dear!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This hotel is run down,room was dirty,light bulbs missing,clothes belonging to
someone else in wardrobe.Carpet dirty.Breakfast was good! Staff were friendly.
If someone spent some money upgrading this place it could be a nice little hotel.A little
TLC,could go a long way.Musty smells are not a good sign.Shower? was a dribble.Was
glad for a bath when I got home.

Room Tip: Another hotel!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
AlbertInnManager, Owner at The Albert Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for your comments, I must apologise as it seems we have fallen short of your expectations, I have looked into the origins of the odour and I have put steps in place to hopefully remove it. We are redecorating all the bedrooms and to date there is only one room that has not been redecorated, which unfortunately it would seem was your room! From reading various comments in the past we have made it a priority to ensure that the rooms are clean, I am sorry you found your room not to be clean. If you had spoken to myself or any of the staff during your visit we would have been happy to of helped in anyway necessary to have made your stay better.
The shower pressure is something we hope to have addressed at the start of the new year.

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Thought this was a great place to stay for the money, good location on the main road and next to the min street with all the shops etc good food, nice room with Plasma TV coffee and stuff and also had en suite toilets and all the staff were friendly, will be staying there if in the area again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

As the saying goes - it is what it is - and is pretty one dimensional. Ideal for a group of male golfers who won't spend long in the rooms and are happy with hot water, a shower of sorts and a clean bed. The welcome is friendly, the breakfast is good and it's decent value for money but it's easy to see how some travellers would be disappointed here.
As for us - next time in Nairn, we'll be back at the Albert - suits us perfectly!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Wetherby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Bit of a musty smell when I walked in and ber a bit dark and dingy. Verhy narrow staircase and awkward doorways from bar to stairs. Noticeable funny smell on entering room and presence of at least half a dozen flies. The room made me feel a bit "Grubby" and not comfortable but after 10 hours driving I needed a good sleep. The bed was clean and comfortable but that was the only good thing going for it. The rest of the room was shabby at least and grubby and very warn. I didn't even bother using the shower. The breakfast was ok and was served by a very friendly chap. If it hadn't been for the fact that I was very tired , at the end of a long day, I wouldn't have stayed and would have sought out another place. Overall not a good experience and not one I'll repeat in a hurry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

First of all I must say the room was only £40 so I guess you get what you pay for. But! You would still expect it to be clean and odour free. The first thing you notice is the reception is the bar which can only be described as an old mans pub. Once you go upstairs (the tightest stairway in Scotland) you are greeted with your room. The smell of cooking fat greets you as you enter, which instantly made me feel sick. I opened a small cupboard to discover the toilet. What a shock to discover a new stronger smell. Sewage!!!! The 10 airfresheners had their work cutout. I couldn't make it down for breakfast as the smell I endured during the night had completely put me off food. I would suggest maybe spending an extra £20 and stay somewhere else in Nairn unless you want to leave smelling like you've slept outside a chip shop.

• Stayed September 2012
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

The first thing that hit me (literally) when I walked in here was fly's. About 10 of them in the lobby. This was followed closely by the disgusting smell, which I assume was something to do with the water/drainage system.

I then went through to the bar to check in and immediately felt uncomfortable as everyone (a family of about 7, and 2 older guys) just stared at me. I actually phoned downstairs for the wifi code as I didn't want to have to go back down but the guy wouldn't give me the code and asked me to go down for it. Another uncomfortable encounter with the locals!

The room to be fair wasn't too bad but to call themselves 'modern' on their website is actually a lie.

The shower cubicle had a pubic hair in it, was tiny, and probably the least powerful shower I've ever had. Towels were tiny too, and that's coming from a size 10, 5 ft 2 inches girl.

When leaving the room, I once again had to fight my way past the fly's which were now outside my bedroom.

Plus points were I did actually have a good, comfortable sleep and the guy who served breakfast was friendly enough but this is nowhere near enough to make me ever stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed here at the end of march 2012, nice clean hotel, very nice cooked breakfast served up by a very polite rugby player looking type guy, nice meals in the bar, good locals chatted away, all in all a good place, hopefully will get back soon enough.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Albert Inn? Share your experiences!