“very nice but not suitable for wheelchair users” 4 of 5 stars

The Clubhouse Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Seabank Road, Nairn IV12 4EY, Scotland   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Nairn
manchester
“very nice but not suitable for wheelchair users”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

not wheelchair friendly but other than that, great place, very modern decore, food/service very good. bed too hard for my liking but thats me. I like soft beds
ipod docking station/flat screen tv in the rooms

Room Tip: rooms 12/14 are in back away from road with plenty of parking, 12 is setup for disabled,
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We spent 4 nights at The Clubhouse in Nairn. Situation is ok if you have a car, parking was adequate. We has a meal in the bar on the first night, this was good. The staff were all very friendly. Our room was number 12 this had disabled facility. I am disabled but do not use a wheel chair I found it to be very good. The breakfast was also good. Cereal, juices, fresh fruit salad, plenty of toast and a very good selection of cooked items.Would recommend it and would stay again if in this area.

Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Decor was great - groovy and funky :). Room was nice and spacious. Large TV was on a swivel arm so was easily visible around the room. Bed was comfortable. Food was nice, and creatively served (fish and chips on a slate - I love that sort of thing, shows an eye for presentation). Staff were pleasant and helpful. Wi-fi was steady and fast - so important these days. 10 minute walk into the centre of Nairn. Needed a couple of bulbs replacing and when I mentioned it they got straight to it (couldn't actually fix them as they needed to order parts, but no hassle). Safe in the wardrobe is a little fiddly as there is a setting behind the door. I shut it to see how it worked and it locked! My fault for not reading the instructions, but most are set from the outside these days. I liked the fact that they had a proper key for the room, which you opened and locked the door with. Big fob to stop you taking the key away by accident, but not lumpy enough to stop you taking it out with you. Very happy with my stay and next time I have business in the area I will endeavour to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nairn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The Clubhouse is somewhere we go regularly but decided to leave a review this time as we had such an amazing meal, it would be rude not to share! Much to my delight the menu had been changed and i found myself swithering over my dishes of choice. In the end going with the wood pigeon starter and pork wellington for main. The food was FABULOUS! portion sizes were perfect and the flavours great! Staff were on the ball and very attentive. Thumbs up all round!

• Stayed April 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Very bright and clean hotel, with large rooms. The staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome. The food was lovely and the Cocktails highly recommended...Would definitely stay here again :-)...

Aberdeenshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Had a 3 night stay at this lovely hotel. Nothing to much trouble for the friendly staff. Large comfortable room and bathroom. Hotel throughout is spotless, could eat of the floors! Breakfast each morning was fresh, non greasey and very moreish. Had evening meal in bar, not a large menu but could not fault what was chosen by husband and myself. Also great cocktail menu of which I tried a few! Would recommend to family and friends. Thank you to all staff, will hurry back for another weekend.

Isle of Skye
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed for one night and were very disappointed when we checked in to be told that our room was located outside. The door opened directly into the room, so all the heat rushed out as we tried to negotiate into the room with our large bags. Laminate flooring very cold on feet and I was glad I had slippers to put on. Double room very small and not much room to move around our bedroom at home is bigger. I had to turn up the radiator in the room and also fully turned on the radiator in the shower room. On the plus side, the bed was really comfortable and the quality of the bed linen was excellent. Also had a massive flat screen TV. This hotel is family run and on entry into the bar area was greeted by the owner who inquired if everything was okay. We ate in the bar as there was a function on in the conservatory. The food was excellent, we shared a liver pate and I had scallops as a main, my partner had a steak which was excellent quality and well cooked. The breakfast was excellent quality and good choice unfortunately we asked for poached eggs but only got one each. Maybe lost in translation. Service a little bit slow from waitress. This is the first time we have stayed in a boutique hotel and felt it was just a bit too plastic but was spotlessly clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Would stay again but would want to stay inside the hotel.

Room Tip: Establish whether the room is inside our outside the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Clubhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!