“id give this place a wide berth” 1 of 5 stars

Waverley Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   4 High Street, Nairn IV12 4BJ, Scotland   |
Ranked #25 of 35 Nairn B&B and Inns
fife
“id give this place a wide berth”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

as i have been up and down the country in many b&bs, this one has to be the worst i have ever experienced, 1st off all i was welcomed with is your feet clean!, 2nd the room was freezing rooms have no central heating, 3rd after being out in the cold all day i needed a hot shower, the water was freezing, 4th going down for meal, the lounge was also freezing had to go back upto the room for my jersey and coat, 5th went upto the room for the night couldnt sleep for the cold,had to wear my jersey and socks in bed,got a heater next day sneaked it in and got evicted next day for trying to keep myself warm, she said she knew i had a heater because the plug on the tv was out the socket on the wall and that she felt a bit of warmth in the room when she let herself inside, if i wasnt stuck for a place to stay that week id have turned around and looked elswhere for accomodation, in my oppinion this place isnt in this century very old worn down and very cold, hope i dont see this place again, you have been warned,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Scottish Borders
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were looking for a hotel after refusing to stay at a hotel we had booked a month in advance.We saw it as we drove past and pulled in and asked if they had a room for one night. The owner very friendly, showed us to a lovely big ensuite room at the front of the house on the first floor. We thought it was great especially after seeing what the other Hotel had offered us. The room was clean the bed comfy and the ensuite spotless. I asked the owner if she could recomend any restaurants she produced a map and pointed out some restaurants and marked on the map where they were. We chose the Classroom as it was the owners favourite. Lovely stay the large house has loads of character and original features with a big garden and ample parking area. I have read some of the reviews after we had stayed there, all I can say is speak as you find and we found it clean,comfatable, easy to park and handy for the airport and very friendly lady. we would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

After reading the reviews on here, we were a bit worried about staying at the Waverley, but I have to say it was great. The owner was actually very friendly and helpful (particularly as we were a bit awkward with our arrival and departure times), but she was great about it, sorted an early breakfast and couldn't be more helpful. Some of the decor is a little old-fashioned, but it's a nice place in a good location and at a great price. For the record, our room was en-suite, beds were comfortable and the linen etc was clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Whilst trying to find accomodation for the Scottish Open Wed 11-15th July 2012 i enquired about rooms at this hotel. I required 2 rooms a twin room for the Wed to Sat and a single room for the Sat night., I was surprised the hotel was so cheap and did consider it. I then phoned to check if rooms were ensuite and informed they werent and the owner said this would be no good for me which i agreed as i wanted en suite. I then went on to book other suitable accomodation for the duration. I then received a phonecall from my partner whilst up in Nairn. The owner of the hotel left a nasty message on my answer machine demanding where was i as i had rooms booked. I had never booked rooms as the owner well knows, Further more to my fury the owner has phoned me at home again day after Open finished and asking why i didnt turn up and being nasty on phone. I informed her i never booked rooms owing to not being ensuite and informed her she knew of this, she denied this and then went on and hung up on me. I would advise any one to stay clear of this hotel as the owner is a disgusting rude person and i would defintaley advice anyone to stay clear of it. Why the owner phoned me after i had come back from my trip puzzles me. Travelllers beware of making enquires or you will be hounded by her!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Keighley, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have to say after been shown to our room we then had chance to look at what kind of night we may have and then we started to find the problems listed below.
1.beds and mattresses were split and probably 20 years old
2.The toilet was a shared toilet and you would expect a lock on the door.
3.The heater provided when plugged in seemed to blow a fuse probably due to it been rusty and very old.
4.The beds were the most uncomfortable beds i have ever slept on in my many nights away.
5.The bed sheets on both beds were also ripped and really needed to be in the bin not on the bed.
6.We found that the old windows had a gap in them were you could actually put your hand outside without opening the window.

All summed up i think if this place was modernised and some love and care went into it then it could be a great place to stay, but i would say to anyone who needs somewere to stay unless these improvements are made then dont make the trip here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Leicestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Came across this lovely B&B while driving through Scotland and was a real find. Its not fancy but if you want a comfy, cosy stay this is for you. Some noise from the seagulls and road if you are at the front of the building but just ask for a room at the back.

Good price at £26 pppn. Breakfast excellent with good quality ingredients. Denise the owner was super friendly and even did some washing for us. Would definitely go back

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Waverley Hotel? Share your experiences!